Livin the Dream!!

25 March 2024
19 March 2024 | Tenacatita
13 March 2024
13 March 2024
03 March 2024
28 February 2024
28 February 2024
28 February 2024
28 February 2024 | day 2
13 February 2024 | LaCruz Marina
01 February 2024
01 February 2024 | San Juanico
25 January 2024
20 January 2024 | San Quintin (no not the prison!)
16 January 2024 | ensenada
13 January 2024
29 November 2023 | Back at Das Boat!

ANO NUEVO!!!!!

01 January 2011 | las hadas, manaznillo
SBSG
The Parental Units have arrived safely and already have created a name for themselves at Peppes Hideaway...go figure!
We sailed up to the rough coastal rocks just below their palapa and did the Wade trademark long a two shorts blast on my airhorn....we could see Mom & Dad on their deck overlooking the ocean waving to us as I tacked the boat in front of them yelling and screaming hello's...woooo-hoooo's and Sunny dancing on deck waving her arms up in the air giggling at how bizarre it is to be all the way down here....having sailed all the way from Washington State. By the time we anchored in Las Hadas and settled in, it was too late to get a cab and go visit the folks. We decided to hook up with them the next day.

After a relaxed morning of star bucks, sunbathing and reading...we cleaned up and packed our pool bag. Off we scrambled up the hill to catch a cab to a place no locals acted like they knew of. A couple wrong turns later and a very bad attitude with the cabby, we were dropped off on a driveway that looked defunct at best and a monkey in a cage looking at us like we were in a strange land....lost. Down the hill we went, no signs, no evidence we were at the right place. I found a trail that led to a kitchen, I winked and said, "hola! Esta Peppes????" Si senior.....tu eres en Peppe!! We made it! Around the corner and down a rocky paved path we were led past these KILLER palapas and view to the ocean below. We peered around a blind corner and there they were....Pappy and Mamba Jamba scoffing down some cheese quesadillas and cervezas.....I gave out my charter "YIP, YIP, YIP....." as Sunny just held my hand and squeezed it saying...."GOD, your parents love you...."....Mom's eyes lit up like Christmas and came running up with hugs and kisses.....Dad just grinning ear to ear, giving Sunny the ol bear hug. We were home-

The small pool (yes I was immediately in it....often) overlooked the big bay of Santiago, unobstructed....it was heavenly. This place was featured in lifestyles of the rich and famous, and I can see why. MILLION dollar views from every vantage point. Fresh food every day, custom orders not a problem, and an outside fridge FILLED with coronas, juice, margaritas you name it! (again sorry Bro!)

We ate quesadillas, drank beer, sunbathed, swan, talked to the owner....got the lowdown....and an invite to use the showers, towels, and stay for a light dinner before the new years party back at the marina....a salad to DIE for! Fresh greens, papaya, and HUGE fresh prawns....YUMMY!!!! We ate and drank more and left with a young man who Peppe was great friends with. Some stud who's dad is the founder of Herbalife....has a mansion on the hill and stock options.....and I think likes older women....sunny was flattered.

Later we all met up for the quintessential new years bash on the waterfront at Freidas. There was a lit dance floor set up, tables and chairs and seemed like an endless supply of any kind of beverage you may want to partake in. We rung in the new year with lots of dancing, party favors, awesome fireworks and one intense kiss with each other, fireworks in the background, music pounding.....embraced, knowing this year, 2011....is gonna ROCK!

After saying goodbye to all of Peppes guests, Sunny and I remained at the table for some more champagne and a dance or two. We later drifted out to the breakwater to look at the stars and Wades Aweigh from a distance, and were gravitated to the "other" party at Las Hadas proper....we stood in the wings....on the sand and danced to the music together....giggling having a great time, for free! About 0230 we headed back to the boat and called it a night.....best New Years EVER!!!!

So here we are, planning our next adventure, probably another pool day, listening to the kamakazi jet skiers and morons with ski boats going wide open in the anchorage...making waves....I've let that one go, can't win that fight.

Tonight's sunset was magnificent! The magenta skies made a neapalotin backdrop against the marshmallow filled cotton ball clouds....listlessly suspended by invisible silk threads, rallying for pole position in front of the majestic hillside atop Las Hadas...truly a sight to behold, Sunny got Pictures, will share later.

All for now....Sailor and Sunny
Comments
Vessel Name: wades aweigh
Vessel Make/Model: 1974 Irwin 37
Hailing Port: anacortes, wa
Crew: Captain Lawnboy!
About: Me? well, retired pseudo landscaper turned worldsailor and adventure junkieā€¦.chasing new horizons one ocean at a time
Extra: I bought the boat from mom & dad in 1999 and have been restoring her to current glory ever since. It's a work in progress. This blog is an accounting of my travels raw and uncut.
wades aweigh's Photos - Main
20 Photos
Created 3 March 2024
misc pics of the trip so far!!!
68 Photos
Created 27 December 2010
misc stuff
No Photos
Created 26 December 2009
From Everett to San Diego in 2 weeks
6 Photos
Created 23 September 2009
Thanks for taking time to look up my blog! You are now on board with the COOLEST dream EVER!!