Livin the Dream!!

25 March 2024
19 March 2024 | Tenacatita
13 March 2024
13 March 2024
03 March 2024
28 February 2024
28 February 2024
28 February 2024
28 February 2024 | day 2
13 February 2024 | LaCruz Marina
01 February 2024
01 February 2024 | San Juanico
25 January 2024
20 January 2024 | San Quintin (no not the prison!)
16 January 2024 | ensenada
13 January 2024
29 November 2023 | Back at Das Boat!

Tenacatita reduex

13 January 2011
It is Thursday the 13th at 9pm Tenacatita time! Dad and I had and adventure snorkeling outside the point at Melaque, but weren't able to beach land on the pacific ocean side due to huge shore break....so Poppy dumped me off with my spear gun on the outside in Gin clean water. Man, I'm telling you....unbelievable! I kicked like a mutha to keep up with the big open ocean surge but the workout was well worth it...fish EVERYWHERE!!...after about 30 minutes I rolled back into the dink like a seal and we sped off to the inside of the cove. As soon as I was at a spot where I though He'd make it back safely I dumped pops over the rail, then popped back in myself with the bow line tied to my waist and towed "NOTOE" behind me. Wasn't nearly the clarity but still fun nonetheless.

I popped back in the dink (seal training #2) and met Dad around the bend at the nearest safe beach for pickup. We sped back to wades aweigh (at about 2mph), stowed all the stuff, tied up the dink and weighed anchor for Tenacatita. My old pal Tommy Bahamma came speeding across the bay on his way back to the boat ramp to say goodbye and offer some more free fish! Considering we still have 3 bags of tuna left in the freezer I respectfully declined.

It was a bash all the way around as the wind was notoriously on our nose making for a bit of an uncomfortable ride, took an extra hour too, but weather was warm and the wind make if really comfortable.

No strikes on the ocean rods but saw two big whales up really close and several turtles. We enjoyed criticizing the HUGE casa owners on the hills wondering what the hell they would do with all that room!
Coming around the corner to this anchorage we counted about 9 boats, 3 of which were large crewed yachts.

Tomorrow we will do the jungle cruise and eat fish at the palapa ashore....humph, more fish...aint it great!

Probably stay here a few days and then plan our remaining journey north to Mazatlan.

All for now,
Leave you with this quote:
"May your happiness be as deep as the ocean and your sorrows as light as it's foam"
-Tommy Bahamma- (or it was something similar to that!)
Comments
Vessel Name: wades aweigh
Vessel Make/Model: 1974 Irwin 37
Hailing Port: anacortes, wa
Crew: Captain Lawnboy!
About: Me? well, retired pseudo landscaper turned worldsailor and adventure junkieā€¦.chasing new horizons one ocean at a time
Extra: I bought the boat from mom & dad in 1999 and have been restoring her to current glory ever since. It's a work in progress. This blog is an accounting of my travels raw and uncut.
wades aweigh's Photos - Main
20 Photos
Created 3 March 2024
misc pics of the trip so far!!!
68 Photos
Created 27 December 2010
misc stuff
No Photos
Created 26 December 2009
From Everett to San Diego in 2 weeks
6 Photos
Created 23 September 2009
Thanks for taking time to look up my blog! You are now on board with the COOLEST dream EVER!!