SailBlogs
Bookmark and Share
Wanderings
Homewoodbound in Breavean
06/13/2010

We set off from falmouth on the Thursday and had winds straight on the nose we motored and were both very seasick not fun we spent nearly a day and a half all day Thursday all through the night and all day Friday being so sick we were both ready to give up boats and get a country cottage instead. That got us to portland and we made landfall at portland marina. A nights sleep and we were ready to set off again lovely weather and great sailing... All was well with the world again.... We got into brighton marina at 8 am on Sunday morning...
Yes we are very pleased with the boat it is very basic inside but it is all sound.

05/31/2010

Trial sail- big grin!

First Class to Falmouth
05/31/2010, Brighon

We are off to pick up our new boat tomorrow. One way train tickets to Falmouth, and we got an upgrade to First Class!
Pip and I are now allowing ourselves to get exited, it is going to be our new home we are going to be real liveaboards.
Kevin

Successful sea trial so....
05/26/2010

Old boat sold! Bye Hipsley Lady- (felt a bit sad even though it means we are definitely picking up our new boat next week). Also a bit of 'she was a good old boat- have we done the right thing?'

So we now have 5 nights sleeping on the sofa in the house, with all our worldly goods in laundry bags, then next Wednesday /Thursday start bringing BV home. (not typing her name out in full yet in case I jinx anything!!).. We will be doing Falmouth to Brighton, at least 210 nm- and guess where the weather forecast currently says the wind will be coming from- yes NNE/NE/ENE- in other words on the nose the whole blimmin way. Guess we'll load up with plenty of fuel- I won't hesitate to put the engine on as it's a time limited delivery trip not a cruise.

I guess I'd better learn how to put photos on here now, as I want to document our first days in our new home, the start of the big adventure....

05/25/2010

I am soooooo tired- been removing all our personal stuff from the boat and cleaning her ready for her sea trial tommorow. If it goes well, they are going to sign contracts and leave a cheque with the broker- fingers crossed!!

Maybe it's tempting fate, but I have booked one way train tickets for next week to pick up the new boat from Falmouth.

I'd be so excited if I wasn't SO TIRED!!

It all might just happen
05/13/2010

Our survey on potential steel boat satisfactory- 'cosmetic rust only...'
Deal agreed in principle with just a few minor negotiations left...

Survey completed on our existing boat, now subject to sea trial and us fixing a few things, or knocking a bit off the price.... but even if it doesn't go through we still have the option of a part exchange on the steel boat...

so...

so anything might still go wrong, but perhaps, perhaps, 2 weeks today will see us with a new toy to play with, a new home to live in.

And I guess if I thought the strain of the current negotiations was hard work, I've got a big shock coming when I start to try and maintain a bigger, steel boat- but I can't wait!

Newer ]  |  [ Older ]

 

 
Powered by SailBlogs