Warida

Vessel Name: WARIDA
Hailing Port: Rivergate Marina, Brisbane
Crew: George Tate: Captain, Debbie Tate: Crew (ha!)
About: George has been in the boating world all of his life, he built boats with his father and now is living his dream. Debbie moved to Australia in 2001, she loves to fish and lets everyone know that they should get rid of the pole as it all gets in her way. She is living her dream (George)
03 September 2010 | Rivergate Marina
02 September 2010
21 February 2010
13 February 2010
05 January 2010 | Fig Tree Pocket QLD
02 January 2010 | Peel Island, Australia
26 December 2009 | Peel Island, Queensland
13 December 2009 | Brisbane River
05 December 2009 | Brisbane
28 November 2009
Recent Blog Posts
03 September 2010 | Rivergate Marina

Warida comming out

That time of year has come around and oh boy was it time. It was a bit of a twist getting her into the lift but he did it. Once she came out, you could see what damage had been done in 12 months. For some reason, the previous antifouling paint did not stick and although it still looked [...]

02 September 2010

New additions to our family

We have new additions to our family.

21 February 2010

Finally our new sail

We finally put up the new sail today, it fit perfectly. I must say that I still think that this sailing stuff is for the birds. One more thing for George to lose his temper with me again. I keep telling him that the Captain is suppose to tell the crew what to do before they start. Crank this, pull [...]

13 February 2010

Check out my new blog

Check out my new blog!

05 January 2010 | Fig Tree Pocket QLD

A Day at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary

Well today was the day! I finally got to see some of the beautiful Australian Wildlife. What a great time. George decided that on his last day of his holidays, he wanted to get off the boat and not spend the time at a boat store (WOW!) He took me to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. This place is fantastic, so much better than Australia Zoo. We saw Lorikeets, Wombats, the Sheep Dogs at work, Crocodiles, Snakes (ugh), Lizards, Bush Turkeys, and loads of Koala's and Kangaroo's. I did not want to go home and cannot wait to go back. Please see the photo album of the animals and me (yes Michelle, ME!). Thank you to my wonderful husband, I had a great time.

02 January 2010 | Peel Island, Australia

More Pictures of Peel Island

Here are more pictures of Peel Island. What a beautiful place. We are home now at Rivergate Marina as the winds changed from NE to SE. SE winds will be pushing boats toward the shore (as you know), and all those plastic boats would be crushed by our 27 1/2 Ton steel one. Rather be home and have the aircon on. We had a wonderful time and are so glad that Jackie and Grant were there to enjoy it with us (the beautiful black boat in the pictures). We did however miss our family and friends. Christmas is just not the same in this heat and not having the family around us. Maybe next year! Michelle and Richard are having a wonderful time down south and from what they have told us they had a wonderful Christmas. They are on there way back to Brisbane for a while before they go further north. We cannot wait for you to get back! Check out the photos in our photo gallery.

Warida comming out

03 September 2010 | Rivergate Marina
Debbie Tate
That time of year has come around and oh boy was it time. It was a bit of a twist getting her into the lift but he did it. Once she came out, you could see what damage had been done in 12 months. For some reason, the previous antifouling paint did not stick and although it still looked good when we were at Horseshoe Bay at Peel Island at Christmas, The amount of growth since can be seen from the photos.
George spent 6 days sanding all of the hull back and we spent a day washing her down. The worst part for me (as i had the excuse of having to work) was on the weekend. George and I spent 12 hours painting the 1st coat on. Boy was I tired. After that experience, we decided to have the last two coats spray painted on. She looks fantastic.
From what I hear, she did not come out of the lift easily either ( Just had to have 35 knot winds on the starboard side and the new rubber ducky made for a good fender) but we are back in the water and loving it..... Take a few moments and look at all the pictures that we have.


Comments

About & Links

Favorites
No Links Added Yet