Cruising Adventures on S/V Warren Peace

09 February 2013 | LaPaz, Mexico
26 November 2010 | San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
13 January 2010 | Isla Partida
22 December 2009 | Isla San Francisco
15 December 2009 | San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
03 April 2009 | LaPaz, Mexico
19 March 2009 | Isla Isabela
05 March 2009 | Chamela to LaCruz
04 March 2009 | Chamela
28 February 2009 | Manzanillo
28 February 2009 | Colima, Comala, Manzanillo
15 February 2009 | Barra de Navidad
14 February 2009 | Barra de Navidad
03 February 2009 | Puerto de la Navidad
25 January 2009 | LaCruz
23 January 2009 | Chacala
18 January 2009 | Mazatlan
15 January 2009 | Sea of Cortez
09 January 2009 | LaPaz, Mexico

On our way to LaPaz

15 December 2009 | San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
John and Sharon Warren
It's a long way to LaPaz by road from San Carlos...probably close to 1500 miles or more. Actually...S/V Warren Peace just got splashed yesterday and the ride from the dry marina to the wet marina is only a short distance. It's quite a site to see a huge boat going down the main street of San Carlos!

Sharon and I arrived San Carlos only one week ago today and it's been non stop work getting Warren Peace ready to launch after a summer of sitting on a cradle in the dry heat of Mexico. Amazingly...she did quite well. We've stored her in the dry marina now for several years and feel like we have the whole process down. All of Warren Peace's systems have come back to life with almost no problems. A huge battery bank that we have on board charged back to full power in about 24 hours, the refrigeration unit cooled down the refrigerator and freezer in only a few hours this morning (this is of major importance to keep the steaks cool and the beer cold), the main engine started with no problem, the genset started with no problem and most importantly...all the new navigation software came up on our new laptop. GPS (Global Positioning System) is working fine which is the most important piece of navigation equipment we have on board. We are having some difficulties with the new software on our VISTA (@#%^!) computer talking to the autopilot...I guess we'll just have to hit a few more buttons at the helm until I figure out the problem. The radar, VHF radios and our Single Side Band radio are also working again after having all the antennas disconnected for the summer...we disconnect all antennas due to possible lightning strikes during the rainy summer months. We turned our XM radio back on so we can get news and music from the USA. The only major piece of equipment that we haven't turned on yet is our water maker and we probably won't do that until we leave LaPaz for destinations south of there on the Mexican mainland.

We were intending to sail across the Sea of Cortez from San Carlos to San Juanico...one of the most beautiful anchorages on the Baja side of Mexico...on Wednesday night, however weather has us pinned down until this weekend. We now plan to sail across the sea on either Friday or Saturday night. The crossing is approximately 95 miles and should take us about 13 hours.

We'll give the ole blog an update when we arrive LaPaz. We have a slip already rented for the month of January at Marina Costa Baja.

We're very excited to get back underway on Warren Peace for another season of cruising in the warm winds of Mexico! No more blue jeans and long shirts....we're now in shorts, T-shirts and flip flops. Temps have been in the high 70s and should be slightly warmer once we get to Lapaz.

I'll update our pictures of Warren Peace being launched....you can see the pictures in the gallery as soon as I get them posted.

Take care all......

Comments
Vessel Name: Warren Peace
Vessel Make/Model: 1985 Passport 47 Center Cockpit
Hailing Port: San Francisco
Crew: John and Sharon Warren
About: We discovered sailing early in our marriage and have loved being on the water ever since. We started sailing on San Francisco Bay on a Catalina 27 and then upgraded to a Catalina 36. We then realized that we wanted to eventually go cruising and bought the boat that we have now...a Passport 47.
Extra:
Sharon and I have cruised up and down the California coast many times and sailed in the 2000 Baja Ha Ha. The four Amigos took Warren Peace down the coast on the 2002 Baja Ha Ha. The boat's home base has been San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico for the past several years. Moving Warren Peace to the [...]

Who: John and Sharon Warren
Port: San Francisco