Cruising Adventures on S/V Warren Peace

09 February 2013 | LaPaz, Mexico
26 November 2010 | San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
13 January 2010 | Isla Partida
22 December 2009 | Isla San Francisco
15 December 2009 | San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
03 April 2009 | LaPaz, Mexico
19 March 2009 | Isla Isabela
05 March 2009 | Chamela to LaCruz
04 March 2009 | Chamela
28 February 2009 | Manzanillo
28 February 2009 | Colima, Comala, Manzanillo
15 February 2009 | Barra de Navidad
14 February 2009 | Barra de Navidad
03 February 2009 | Puerto de la Navidad
25 January 2009 | LaCruz
23 January 2009 | Chacala
18 January 2009 | Mazatlan
15 January 2009 | Sea of Cortez
09 January 2009 | LaPaz, Mexico

Prepping Warren Peace for departure

26 November 2010 | San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
John Warren
January of this year seems like such a long time ago, but that was the last time I had an entry in the blog. So much has happened in 2010. While we were in LaPaz early this year, Sharon was diagnosed with cancer. As a result of her illness, our lives took a different direction. So, mostly we have learned to appreciate good health. Nothing else is as important as that. All is well that ends well and she is very healthy again.

Now we are back in San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico preparing Warren Peace for another season of cruising. She has been sitting in her cradle in the hot desert since April of this year and she's thirsty for the sea. We have been in San Carlos for several weeks now working on her mechanical and electrical systems, restocking her with spare parts and putting food supplies on board. There have been some mechanical issues, but overall...we're getting close to departure. Now, we are mostly waiting for a good weather window to cross the Sea of Cortez and make landfall on the Baja side of the sea. Once on the Baja, we'll work our way down to LaPaz for the remainder of December and spend Christmas and New Years in one of our favorite cities.

While in San Carlos we have been staying at our friend's casa and life has been good. Not only did we have a chance to spend a week with Dee and Karen at their beautiful home, but we have reconnected with many of our cruising buddies in the boatyard. The cruising community is so close and is a family amongst themselves. We look forward to new adventures on the sea this year, however while we're in San Carlos we are enjoying being surrounded by the natural beauty of the spectacular mountains, the Sea of Cortez and the desert in between. This part of Mexico is tranquil...sunrises are beautiful and the sunsets are equally mesmerizing.

The weather here is warm and sunny and we are enjoying being in shorts every day.

I promise to write more this season when there is something to report, but I must say that we are already missing our friends back home.

So...everyone take care...and enjoy the sunshine or the snow. Enjoy life because it is so precious!!!
Comments
Vessel Name: Warren Peace
Vessel Make/Model: 1985 Passport 47 Center Cockpit
Hailing Port: San Francisco
Crew: John and Sharon Warren
About: We discovered sailing early in our marriage and have loved being on the water ever since. We started sailing on San Francisco Bay on a Catalina 27 and then upgraded to a Catalina 36. We then realized that we wanted to eventually go cruising and bought the boat that we have now...a Passport 47.
Extra:
Sharon and I have cruised up and down the California coast many times and sailed in the 2000 Baja Ha Ha. The four Amigos took Warren Peace down the coast on the 2002 Baja Ha Ha. The boat's home base has been San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico for the past several years. Moving Warren Peace to the [...]

Who: John and Sharon Warren
Port: San Francisco