Cruising Adventures on S/V Warren Peace

09 February 2013 | LaPaz, Mexico
26 November 2010 | San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
13 January 2010 | Isla Partida
22 December 2009 | Isla San Francisco
15 December 2009 | San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
03 April 2009 | LaPaz, Mexico
19 March 2009 | Isla Isabela
05 March 2009 | Chamela to LaCruz
04 March 2009 | Chamela
28 February 2009 | Manzanillo
28 February 2009 | Colima, Comala, Manzanillo
15 February 2009 | Barra de Navidad
14 February 2009 | Barra de Navidad
03 February 2009 | Puerto de la Navidad
25 January 2009 | LaCruz
23 January 2009 | Chacala
18 January 2009 | Mazatlan
15 January 2009 | Sea of Cortez
09 January 2009 | LaPaz, Mexico

Bandaras Bay

25 January 2009 | LaCruz
John Warren
We sailed into beautiful Bandaras Bay yesterday afternoon and are now berthed at a brand new marina in LaCruz called Marina Riviera Nayarit. Once again we've washed all the salt off the boat and now she's nice and clean. Sharon keeps telling me that she's going to polish all the stainless, but that never seems to happen! Life keeps getting in the way.

Tomorrow we set sail for Tenacatita as there is a good weather window open for the next 48 hours and we want to be in it...otherwise...it looks like we'll be here till the weekend and our reservation starts on February 1st...Sunday. Our journey tomorrow is approximately 120 miles which should take us about 18 hours.

Once in Tenacatita, we'll drop the hook for three or four days before going to Barra. I'm sure we meet up with cruisers that we know from two years ago...the anchorage is a very popular place. Tenacatita is a very nice bay and well protected. Many, many cruisers stop there because it is so well protected. Every year a new mayor is appointed for the anchorage. Daily walks on the beach, card games, dingy raft ups and cocktail hours are planned by the mayor...it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it. There are so many boats anchored in Tenacatita, they have their own local net every morning.

Tenacatita is only 7 miles from Barra...our most southerly destination this cruising season. We'll be there the entire month of February. In my opinion...it's the nicest marina in all of Mexico and fun to watch all the BIG yachts. I call it "The battle of the helicopters"...because two of three of the huge yachts always come into the marina with their helicopters on top aft deck. Needless to say...it's a nice place!

Several of our boating friends are already in Barra and anxiously awaiting our arrival. We talk to them on Single Side Band radio a couple of times a week and they are ready to get the party underway...so off we go tomorrow on a long over night sail. We'll update again once tied up to our slip in Barra. Maybe Sharon will now have time to polish all that stainless.
Comments
Vessel Name: Warren Peace
Vessel Make/Model: 1985 Passport 47 Center Cockpit
Hailing Port: San Francisco
Crew: John and Sharon Warren
About: We discovered sailing early in our marriage and have loved being on the water ever since. We started sailing on San Francisco Bay on a Catalina 27 and then upgraded to a Catalina 36. We then realized that we wanted to eventually go cruising and bought the boat that we have now...a Passport 47.
Extra:
Sharon and I have cruised up and down the California coast many times and sailed in the 2000 Baja Ha Ha. The four Amigos took Warren Peace down the coast on the 2002 Baja Ha Ha. The boat's home base has been San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico for the past several years. Moving Warren Peace to the [...]

Who: John and Sharon Warren
Port: San Francisco