Whippersnapper

Mike and Hugh almost circumnavigating the world.

12 February 2013 | Sydney
08 November 2012 | Sydney
29 October 2012 | Coffs Harbour
22 October 2012 | Noumea
19 October 2012 | Noumea, New Caledonia
08 October 2012 | Fayaoue, Ouvea Atoll - New Caledonia
07 October 2012 | Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu
09 September 2012 | Tanna
01 September 2012 | Fiji
26 August 2012 | Vuda Point Marina
14 August 2012 | Navunivi Village
05 August 2012
26 July 2012
16 July 2012
08 July 2012
01 July 2012 | Bora Bora
25 June 2012 | Moorea

The End

08 November 2012 | Sydney
Mike
I’ve avoided this blog for as long as possible but alas we are home and slowly starting to settle back into our old lives. The small things of sleeping in a big bed, endless power and water supply, phones, super fast internet, great coffee and yummy restaurants make life easier to adjust. Couple that with being surrounded by friends and family and slowly Sydney is becoming home again.

We want to thank a few people for making our twenty-month adventure such a wonderful experience. Hugh’s parents, Lynne and Fred, who were our point of contact for each passage and for when we needed some boat part couriered to a remote part of the world. Our friends and family, for the support you gave us. We were trilled to see so many of you at our homecoming party where we had lots of fun catching up and meeting the cute new additions to some families. Our fellow cruisers whom we met along the way, we wish you continued safe sailing. And to you, our blog readers, for following our experiences and writing comments.

None of it would of being possible without Whippersnapper, a superb boat for the trip. At no stage did we ever feel unsafe or in over our heads. Whether in big seas or calm seas, beautiful anchorages or transiting canals, racing other yachts or cruising around you never let us down. You took it all in your stride and came out the other end looking as good as ever. Funnily enough looking after Whippersnapper felt a lot like looking after our baby!

Finally thank you to an extremely safe and capable Captain Hugh. Your knowledge and intuition of boats and sailing are among the best in the world. I had no problem putting my life in your hands. Thank you for being a terrific partner and travel partner. I know my personality is not the easiest to get on with which made your tolerance all the more impressive. It’s special when we can live in such close proximity for 20 months and come out the other end. I love you with all my heart and look forward to our next adventure.

We did it!
Comments
Vessel Name: Whippersnapper
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau Oceanis 46
Hailing Port: Sydney
Crew: Michael Connolly & Hugh Murray-Walker
About: Skipper Hugh and First Mate Mike
Extra: In port you may contact us on our respective email addresses, alternatively while at sea our sat-phone has an email address which is the name of our yacht followed by @mailasail.com
Whippersnapper's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.