Whiski Mak

24 March 2019
10 March 2019
04 March 2019
14 February 2019
05 February 2019
12 January 2019
16 March 2018
15 March 2018
14 February 2018
05 February 2018
31 January 2018
03 January 2018
20 April 2017
14 April 2017
05 April 2017
02 April 2017
25 March 2017

Safe habors

04 February 2013 | Marsh Harbor
We arrived here early Sunday morning and anchored. When we left Guana Cay the wind was starting to come into our cove and the waves were picking up. We motored out of the cove and put the jib up. Away we went towards Marsh Harbor. Not too bad a trip, a few waves but nothing over a couple of feet. We came into the harbor and tried to find a spot that was not in the traffic channel. We anchored way in near the marinas on the south side of the harbor. We put on the coffee pot and have breakfast, it was only about an hours trip across.
We hear on the cruisers net that it is Super Bowl Sunday. There are lots of parties planned for tonight. We go ashore to the grocery store. It is a big store with lots of supplies. The prices are quite a bit higher than home, but you can find some sales and there is lots to choose from. We chat with guy who came over to our boat to check out a smaller version of his. He was heading eventually towards Columbia and through the Panama Canal all by himself. He worked from his boat on the internet. It was very calm in the harbor today and we sat out this afternoon relaxing. David saw one of the turtles swimming around the boats. As I am writing this today one is going by. They recommend that you don't swim in this harbor. It looks clear but is probably polluted.
Today we went into town and walked around. We got the info on wifi and as you can see we got it. We should be able to pick it up at most of our locations for the next couple of months. We went into a few stores for marine supplies, had one of the best cinnamon rolls I have ever had, fresh and heated. We may leave here this afternoon or tomorrow morning. The weather looks great for the next few days with light winds. We hope they stay down so we can go exploring on the outer islands without worrying about high winds.
Comments
Vessel Name: Whiski Mak
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 29.5
Hailing Port: Saint John, NB Canada
Crew: David and Janet Moore

Who: David and Janet Moore
Port: Saint John, NB Canada