Whiski Mak

24 March 2019
10 March 2019
04 March 2019
14 February 2019
05 February 2019
12 January 2019
16 March 2018
15 March 2018
14 February 2018
05 February 2018
31 January 2018
03 January 2018
20 April 2017
14 April 2017
05 April 2017
02 April 2017
25 March 2017

Crazy taxi rides

14 February 2013 | Marsh Harbor Marina
We have been in Marsh Harbor for a few days and Wednesday we moved in from the anchorage to Marsh Harbor Marina for a couple of days. We got the laundry done and cleaned up the boat and ourselves before Christa arrives in the evening. We rearranged things from the v-berth so she will have a place to sleep over the next two weeks.
We called a cab to pick us up here at the Jib Room which is part of the marina. We got in the cab and off we went fast and close to the cars in front of us. The driver passed some cars just getting past before comes coming towards us came, or just narrowly missed hitting them when they slowed down. We got to the airport and the driver had to be somewhere else so we could take another cab back. We waited for the plan to come in, it was a bit late, but finally we could see her getting off the plane just about the last one off. We waited for her to get her luggage then went looking for a cab.
Now we had already inquired about prices a few days earlier. It was $15 dollars from the wharf downtown to the airport for two people, if the three of us went it was $3 dollars more and if we went from the Jib Room it was another $2 dollars. So for two of us from the Jib Room it should have been $17, but he said $20. Then on the way back the other driver said 3 people to the Jib Room was $23. Not sure why we got the two different prices, but still not too bad a price.
Back at the marina we put things away and then went to the Jib Room for Bilge Punches while we waited for Rib night supper. You get potato salad, coleslaw, beans, a roll and ribs or half a chicken. I can't tell you what any of it cost because they just put it on our Whiski Mak tab. Will find out when we pay our bill. It is a great way to pay I think until you go and settle your debt.
We may have to leave Christa here to work for a few days. You know how she loves to do dishes.
Today we went into town to the bakery and the grocery store, then back to the marina. We just took the dingy across. Later Christa and I went for a walk, came back and spent some time at the pool. We are watching the weather because there is suppose to be rain today and maybe for a couple of days. If it clears we will try to head out to Hopetown, Guana Cay or Little Harbor. It depends on the weather, and the weather is the boss.
Comments
Vessel Name: Whiski Mak
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 29.5
Hailing Port: Saint John, NB Canada
Crew: David and Janet Moore

Who: David and Janet Moore
Port: Saint John, NB Canada