Whiski Mak

24 March 2019
10 March 2019
04 March 2019
14 February 2019
05 February 2019
12 January 2019
16 March 2018
15 March 2018
14 February 2018
05 February 2018
31 January 2018
03 January 2018
20 April 2017
14 April 2017
05 April 2017
02 April 2017
25 March 2017

Last days of Christas vacation

26 February 2013 | Marsh Harbor
We all head into town Monday, Christa and I head one way while David goes the other. He is looking for electrical parts, while we are doing the tourist shopping. When we are done we go to the dock and call him to come get us. Once we put things away we change into our bathing suits, pack up some towels, masks, water etc. we hop into the dingy and head out of the harbor, around a couple of corners and into a cove for a swim. You should not swim in Marsh Harbor. We saw a couple of rays in here also. Had a nice afternoon of swimming and wading in the cove. When we head back the wind has picked up a bit and we get a bit wet but we are dressed for it. We rinse off all the salt when we get back on the boat.
We get dried off and changed then Christa and I go into town for a few groceries at Maxwells. When we come out it is raining. It slows down a bit and we head out. It is light rain all the way back, but warm and muggy so it cools you off. We call David for a lift and just as he gets to the dock it really starts raining. I can't complain because it was a nice warm rain and those of you back home wouldn't feel any sympathy if I did. We dried off again and we found that both Christa and I were a bit pink from our day of swimming so Moisturize Moisturize. Quiet evening playing dominos and then cards. Enjoying our last few nights together.
On Tuesday David takes us in and Christa and I finish some shopping, pick up some groceries and wine then back to the dock. David stayed on the boat to do some electrical work. We call him on the VHF to come in for us. While he is coming in we get a call on the vhf from Sweet Chariot who is coming into the harbor. We met them when we were travelling down the coast in 2008 at Great Kills Harbor NY. We spent a lot of time travelling down the ICW, and also in the bahamas. Then some time on the way back up the coast. We have kept up with them through our friends the Morrows as they have travelled together some over the last few years. We plan to get together since we will both be here for a while. Later they stop by in their dingy as they head to town. Hopefully we can spend some time together here and back in the states.
Later in the afternoon Jean Claude and Rollande from Seagull come over for a visit and to say goodbye to Christa who is leaving early tomorrow morning. Then a relaxing last night.
Comments
Vessel Name: Whiski Mak
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 29.5
Hailing Port: Saint John, NB Canada
Crew: David and Janet Moore

Who: David and Janet Moore
Port: Saint John, NB Canada