Whiski Mak

24 March 2019
10 March 2019
04 March 2019
14 February 2019
05 February 2019
12 January 2019
16 March 2018
15 March 2018
14 February 2018
05 February 2018
31 January 2018
03 January 2018
20 April 2017
14 April 2017
05 April 2017
02 April 2017
25 March 2017

Long trip home

28 February 2013 | Marsh Harbor Marina
Wednesday we are up early and have made arrangements for a cab to pick us up at 6:30 the get us to the airport. Christa and I head out and I go in with her while she is checking in. I go out to the taxi and Joseph asks if I want to stay longer. His daughter is heading out on the same flight and he wouldn't staying to see her off, so I get to stay until they start to load the plane. We have had Joseph drive us before and we have his card. Very nice and his wife also drives a cab. David comes in to get me at the wharf. Christa will text us when she arrives in Nassau. Only a short trip. She lets us know she is there then later says the flight from Nassau to Toronto is delayed because it was delayed leaving Toronto. Snow. She finally gets away almost 2 hours late and will miss her connecting flight to Montreal. When she gets to Toronto the flight from there to Saint John is full so she gets on a flight to Halifax and can connect to home. That flight is delayed but she gets there in time and we get a text at 11:20 (12:20 Saint John) that she is with Ryan and going home. Long day.
Today we wake to winds coming into the harbor and it is picking up a bit and will stay in this direction for the next few days so we decide to come into the marina. We need water anyway and it will be calm in here, especially if we get the 25 knot winds. I texted Christa to say it was windy and we were moving. She had no sympathy and texted back 30 cm of snow coming..bite me! Thats my baby girl.
We have been into town,chatted with Sweet Chariot, also Seagull who has moved further into the harbor to get out of the wind. We also stopped at the boat Plumpuppet who is another couple we travelled with when we were over here 4 years ago. There is suppose to be a happy hour here and we may see them all tonight. Great seeing old friends. We will be here we thing until at least Monday then hope to get over to Hope Town to see the Peers before they head back home.
Comments
Vessel Name: Whiski Mak
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 29.5
Hailing Port: Saint John, NB Canada
Crew: David and Janet Moore

Who: David and Janet Moore
Port: Saint John, NB Canada