Whiski Mak

24 March 2019
10 March 2019
04 March 2019
14 February 2019
05 February 2019
12 January 2019
16 March 2018
15 March 2018
14 February 2018
05 February 2018
31 January 2018
03 January 2018
20 April 2017
14 April 2017
05 April 2017
02 April 2017
25 March 2017

Down to Pete's Pub

10 March 2013 | Little Harbor
We get away early Friday morning and have a motor sail and sail down towards Little Harbor. It is around 22 nautical miles the longer route which we did because of the tides. It has been a steady wind for the last few days and most of the outlets to the Atlantic are full of breaking waves outside the inlet and rolling waves inside. We had no problem getting by them. Seagull II is behind us. To get into Little Harbor we needed to come in a couple of hours past low tide. There were waves breaking on the rocks beside us but just a bit of a roll coming in. We picked up a mooring which is a tire filled with foam and the line through it. We went ashore to check in and we can pay when we are leaving. We are at Pete's Pub so we have a rum punch which you must have at each anchorage. We chatted with couple from Maine. We then go back out to tell Seagull about checking in and stay for a wine before heading back to our boat for the night.
On Saturday we head in for the flea market and make a couple of purchases. We walk up the steps behind Pete's Pub and you are on the Atlantic. Big waves coming in and breaking on the reefs. You can see the entrance we came through 4 years ago from Eleuthra. We could hear these waves breaking all night. Later we came in when the gallery opened. There is a bronze sculpting family here and they are very good. We then take a walk out to the old lighthouse and the beach outside the harbor. About 5 we head into the pub for drinks and supper. We try spicy lobster fritters with mango dipping sauce. Yum. Later we call Saint John to a friends house where a group of friends and family were having supper. A special hi to Marie. Thinking about you. We then had an early night. Time changes.
Comments
Vessel Name: Whiski Mak
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 29.5
Hailing Port: Saint John, NB Canada
Crew: David and Janet Moore

Who: David and Janet Moore
Port: Saint John, NB Canada