Whiski Mak

24 March 2019
10 March 2019
04 March 2019
14 February 2019
05 February 2019
12 January 2019
16 March 2018
15 March 2018
14 February 2018
05 February 2018
31 January 2018
03 January 2018
20 April 2017
14 April 2017
05 April 2017
02 April 2017
25 March 2017

The Lonnnnnng Trip Across

29 March 2013 | Gulf Stream ( A Few Days Ago)
We are leaving Great Sale this morning Friday at 7 am and planning to stop at the banks for a rest and decide whether to continue or wait until Saturday morning to head back into the States. When we get to the banks around 4 it is rough and we decide to continue but slowly so we arrive at Lake Worth inlet after sunrise. Just before dusk we see a fast boat coming up behind us and it is the Bahamian Police Boat. They ask us where we are going and we say Lake Worth. They then go ask Seagull the same thing. Then off they go. We see a few large boats off in the distance through the night but otherwise quiet. Later we see north of us flashes of lightening up in the clouds. As the night goes on they get closer, until the whole sky is dark. Winds are up a bit but the lightening flashes stay away from us. We are about 12 miles east of Lake Worth when our GPS starts acting up. It shows us going in circles when we are heading on the same course as the compass. We slow down and bring out our hand held GPS and it gives us course to steer. So we continue slowly to make sure on this course. After light we find the Gulf Stream has carried us and we are still 12 miles from Lake Worth, but we are north and up near Jupiter inlet. A few curses and adjusting course we head south. Finally the GPS starts working and we are back on course. Both ours and Seagulls stopped at the same time. We figure the thick clouds. The wind is picking up from the south and the last 5 or 6 miles we are only going about 2 knots. It is rough entering the inlet and when we turn to head up to North Lake Worth we are going 6 knots. We come in and anchor. Finally it is 6 pm on Saturday. We took 35 hours from Great Sale and 26 hours to cross from Bahama banks to here. It takes us about 10 normally. We are tired and cranky and don't care. We go to bed after eating and making sure the anchor is holding. Boy are we glad to be stopped.
Comments
Vessel Name: Whiski Mak
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 29.5
Hailing Port: Saint John, NB Canada
Crew: David and Janet Moore

Who: David and Janet Moore
Port: Saint John, NB Canada