Whiski Mak

24 March 2019
10 March 2019
04 March 2019
14 February 2019
05 February 2019
12 January 2019
16 March 2018
15 March 2018
14 February 2018
05 February 2018
31 January 2018
03 January 2018
20 April 2017
14 April 2017
05 April 2017
02 April 2017
25 March 2017

Catching up

18 March 2014 | Vero Beach
Well our last week in Stuart was fairly quiet. The tall ships left the traffic around her slowed down. We took the impeller out and the spare one was not the right one. We went looking and the first place said there was a Yanmar store but it was a couple of miles away and we would miss the bus if we went. So we tried a couple of other places near the first place. The third store said they would send one of the staff to the Yanmar place and get the impeller for us. They only charged us $1.50 for shipping. We just missed the marina bus but Sam the driver had given me his cell # and I called. They picked us up on the way back from the last stop. The people here are just great.
The wind picked up the next day and it was ok on the boat but rough travelling by dingy. The next day it was still up but from a different direction, so not bad. It stayed up that night and we got up early Friday to figure out if we were leaving this morning. We decided to stay and went back to bed, but a while later we got up and decided to go. So by 8:30 we were through the lift bridge, the train bridge and the high rise bridge. We we got to the ICW we turned north and the wind was on our side so we had a nice motor sail up. We made good time until Fort Pierce when the tide and current were against us once we passed the inlet. But by around 4 we were in Vero Beach and tied up beside the Browns on Beltane.
The next day we all went into town on the bus and did some shopping. Then back to the boat and sat out in our cockpits.
Our friends Larrry and Lynn from North Carolina are RVing this year and are staying near Melbourne. They drove down on Sunday and we went out for lunch then went to Sams Club, it is like Costco and they are members. We plan to meet up with them again on Thursday.
Yesterday it was windy and a storm was coming but we didn't get it until late last night. Very windy and then heavy rain. We were awake a long time with wind staying up till this morning. There were tornado watches and we heard the wind was gale force out in the gulf stream. This morning we heard that over at the buoy off Settlement Point, Bahamas it was gusting to 37 knots. Glad we were in a safe place on a good mooring. Sunny and calmer now with the temperature about 10 degrees cooler than yesterday.
Will probably be here about 10 days before heading north again.
Comments
Vessel Name: Whiski Mak
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 29.5
Hailing Port: Saint John, NB Canada
Crew: David and Janet Moore

Who: David and Janet Moore
Port: Saint John, NB Canada