Whiski Mak

24 March 2019
10 March 2019
04 March 2019
14 February 2019
05 February 2019
12 January 2019
16 March 2018
15 March 2018
14 February 2018
05 February 2018
31 January 2018
03 January 2018
20 April 2017
14 April 2017
05 April 2017
02 April 2017
25 March 2017

A Week Relaxing

26 March 2015 | St Augustine
We left Vero Beach on Friday and had a nice trip up. We stopped at Palm Bay Bridge and anchored for the night. We were anchored for a short time before rain started. We had a few downpours before we went to bed. Early the next morning the drag alarm went off but it was just because the wind had changed our direction. It was dark and foggy at 5:30. We woke up later in the morning, a bit cloudy but another nice day to travel. We came into Titusville, picked up a mooring, and went in to register for 2 nights. We walked to the stores then back to the boat for the evening. No bugs when we went to bed. In the morning there were a few mosquitoes in the cockpit but they blew away when we opened the front of the dodger. When we went into town today we saw an alligator in the pond by the park and a big turtle. We got a few supplies and got settled back on the boat. Plan to leave in the morning if the weather sounds ok. It is dark and cloudy, but the wind is not suppose to be bad so we head out. About 4 other boats are also heading north. Some current against us at the end of the trip but we make it to Daytona. The wind has picked up and dark clouds. The weather is reporting thunderstorms, so we get the anchor in. Once settled the storm hits heavy rain and high winds. The rain stops later but the winds stay up all night. Long night anchor alarm goes of when we switch tides but we are still in the same spot. The next morning a bit foggy with wind still up, but we can see quite a ways so off we go. Current and wind against us the whole trip, mostly average 4 knots until the last couple of hours when current with us and over 6 knots. In St. Augustine we get a mooring way down in the south field. We call the marina and a boat comes out with papers for us to fill out and we can come in in the morning to pay since we plan to stay a week. Tired and we go to bed.
Comments
Vessel Name: Whiski Mak
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 29.5
Hailing Port: Saint John, NB Canada
Crew: David and Janet Moore

Who: David and Janet Moore
Port: Saint John, NB Canada