Voyage of s/v Whisper's Echo

The Adventure is about to begin!

08 September 2007 | Richmond, CA
24 February 2007 | Marina Bay - Richmond CA
21 October 2006 | Pt. Richmond, CA
21 October 2006 | Pt. Richmond, CA
11 June 2006 | Pt. Richmond, CA
11 June 2006 | Pt. Richmond, CA
10 June 2006 | Pt. Richmond, CA
10 May 2006 | Pt. Richmond, CA
09 May 2006 | Pt. Richmond, CA
08 May 2006 | Marina Bay - Richmond CA
08 April 2006 | Richmond, CA
02 February 2006
01 January 2006 | San Jose, CA
14 December 2005
27 April 2005

Still Raining

08 April 2006 | Richmond, CA
Denise
I wish I could say that we have been too busy working on the boat this past month, but unfortunately with all the rain we have been having that is just not the case. I can say that it has really been a good month for Rick as he has been retired since March 3rd and is finally beginning to relax.

We have made some small progress, example the picture of the signal flags that I finally got finished all 40 flags then made a case to hold them all. Still working on the drogue assembly, will get a picture taken of that when it is finished.
Got all the sails down, during one of the "dry" days, and have the forward V cleared out of all the rest of the sails and the dinghy. We rented a storage unit right up near the boat and are starting to move everything off the boat we can to make working on her easier. Will have the storage unit down here in San Jose cleared out in the next two weeks.

I've been going through closets and cupboards and started the hard job of reducing our things down to "boat size". Hardest for me has been all my kitchen gadgets. I'm afraid that my galley just won't support what I have. As cooking is something I REALLY enjoy and finally have lots of time to do, it has been hard deciding what I can and can't live without. Actually I have been collecting a lot of really great new products that I think are going to optimize my limited space and some really cool new silicon products that solve metal rust problems.

I have been using the new silicon baking ware now for well over 6 months, and I can say they are fantastic to use. You don't have to grease them and everything just pops out of them. I've made several angel food cakes now and had no problems cooling the cake inverted (it didn't fall out), and then when it was cooled was able with little problem to get it out. I've even done roasts using the square pans and they come out great. No rust or rattling problems with these pans.

We are waiting to get some clear dry weather forecasted (at least a week or more) so we can schedule the boat to get hauled. In the meantime, I have the old sail covers at the apartment and am going to use them as patterns to make new covers, so I have a lot to keep me busy sewing.
That's it for now, hoping soon I have really interesting things to write about and more often. Praying that the rain finally stops and we can really get working.
Comments
Vessel Name: Whisper's Echo
Vessel Make/Model: Tayana 37
Hailing Port: San Francisco, California
Crew: Rick & Denise Smith
Home Page: http://homepage.mac.com/rick_denise/

Who: Rick & Denise Smith
Port: San Francisco, California