Why Knot Now?

It all began as a dream.....became a plan.....then, a reality. Our dream was destroyed! .....We're starting over! .....Now follow us aboard S/V SeaQuell

07 November 2019
06 November 2019
06 November 2019
05 November 2019
04 November 2019
04 November 2019
17 May 2019
07 April 2018 | Bath, NC
04 November 2017
04 November 2017
09 October 2017 | Bath,NC
07 October 2017 | Belhaven,NC
06 October 2017 | Columbia,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Mariner's Wharf, Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Elizabeth City, NC

Another Storm!!!!!

02 November 2012 | Morehead City Yacht Basin
Becky
This past week was just a bit crazy.

We were quite busy trying to prepare for Hurricane Sandy. We double tied all our dock lines and put out some extra fenders. Moved all the cockpit cushions and loose articles down low and secured them.

We did the same with Nemo-- Our friends' boat.

We pumped out both heads and filled the fuel tank on SeaQuell. Seems our fuel gauge was way off -- we only needed 53 gallons to fill our 100 gallon tank. All that worrying I did  about running out of  fuel this last trip was in vain. 

We made a day trip to Little Washington to vote, get our winter gear and some sewing fabric and storage supplies out of storage, carry Maggie to the vet to get her yearly check-up and vaccines AND cancel the PO Box.  WHEW!!!

We visited as many friends in Bath as time would allow, and had a lovely dinner with friends, Clay and Deb.

Mad dash back to Morehead City late Friday night to hunker down and ride out the storm.

We had a bumpy, rocky weekend. Winds were a sustained 30 knots with gusts to 60. It rained like crazy and we discovered a leak in one of our huge windows--- thought we had fixed that , but I guess not sufficiently.  We just put down some towels to soak up the excess water. Thank God we suffered no damage --- just got a little stir crazy after 2 days cooped up inside. I was hesitant to get off the boat due to the dock rocking like a buckin' bronco and high winds. Robert and Maggie braved the elements though for daily walks.

I finally left the boat Sunday night to go out for pizza--- it was wonderful!!!

We have changed our address to a mail forwarding service in Florida, so we've been busy notifying all our businesses of the new address. It would seem one could do most of that on line, but I've not found that to be the case--- many phone calls later, I'm about half  through with the list.

Today, I braved the unloading of the car (the trunk and the backseat were full). Don't know just yet where we will fit everything on board--- more reorganizing to do!! 

Life continues to be very good, despite the storm--- Robert is not traveling  with work this week, so we can relax a little.  Planning to get some more minor projects done this weekend.
Comments
Vessel Name: SeaQuell
Vessel Make/Model: Manta 40
Hailing Port: Bath, NC
Crew: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/whyknotnow
Social:

Who are we?

Who: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Port: Bath, NC