Why Knot Now?

It all began as a dream.....became a plan.....then, a reality. Our dream was destroyed! .....We're starting over! .....Now follow us aboard S/V SeaQuell

07 November 2019
06 November 2019
06 November 2019
05 November 2019
04 November 2019
04 November 2019
17 May 2019
07 April 2018 | Bath, NC
04 November 2017
04 November 2017
09 October 2017 | Bath,NC
07 October 2017 | Belhaven,NC
06 October 2017 | Columbia,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Mariner's Wharf, Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Elizabeth City, NC

Fun With Family

21 June 2013 | Urbanna, VA
Becky
We arrived from our trip to Costa Rica around 2 am. Our flight from Charlotte, NC to Richmond, VA was delayed due to weather.

With a few hours of sleep, Saturday came quickly.

Becky is working the morning shift at the marina, and Robert is retrieving Maggie from the boarder, and picking up his brother, Dwayne and his wife Doris from the airport in Newport News.

We all gathered back at the marina to chat and "catch up". Trolley ride to Something Different--- a local ice cream and sandwich shop. Dinner is at Mojo's. With full bellies we return to SeaQuell for cocktails and sleep.

Sunday is a day for exploring. Since we have a rental car, we decide to visit Washington DC. We drove to Springfield/Franconia , hopped on the Metro (subway), and headed into the city. Lunch of burgers and fries at Five Guys.

We visited Arlington National Cemetary , then headed to the Capitol. We rented some bikes and saw the city by pedaling around. Visited the National Mall. Saw the Capitol building, the Washington Monument, the Smithsonian, and the Lincoln Memorial. Great trip!!!!!!!

Stopped for dinner in Fredericksburg, VA. Lovely little steak and seafood restaurant. Dinner was superb!!!

Early bedtime for the girls, the guys stayed up late "chatting".

Monday, it's back to work for Becky and Robert. Dwayne and Doris are heading to Virginia Beach for the day! Everyone back to SeaQuell for dinner on board--- tonight it's shrimp and scallops with baked taters and salad.Yum!!!

Tuesday is another work day for Robert and Becky. Dwayne and Doris rode bikes around Urbanna in the morning, and went for a dinghy ride in the afternoon. Drinks and dinner aboard SeaQuell. Appetizers of Caprese salad and Becky's homemade hot crab and artichoke dip. Dinner is steak, baby potatoes and grilled asparagus. More Yum!!!!!

Wednesday, we finally have some decent weather, so Robert takes the day off. After breakfast at the local coffee shop,we all go for a day sail. Beautiful sunny skies, light winds--- very relaxing day on the water. Dinner is Mexican food from a restaurant in Gloucester. Good margaritas!!!! Great beans!!! Good fajitas. Not so hot service.

Thursday dawns cloudy and windy. Looks like storms are comin'. Robert works, and the three musketeers go flea market, pawn, and thrift store shopping. Late afternoon the weather gets super nasty. Winds 30- 35 knots, hail and torrential rains. I honestly don't remember what was for dinner--- perhaps it involved liquid refreshment!!

Friday, Robert has to fly to Atlanta for a quick day trip for business, and Becky is working at the marina again. Dwayne and Doris, do some laundry, nap, and just relax. They had planned another dinghy ride and picnic lunch, but the weather isn't cooperating. It's super windy again.

Late Friday afternoon, Dwayne and Doris head to Ostra-- a local restaurant and bar. Several hours later they return VERY relaxed--- Seems it was happy hour at the bar--- I don't know anyone who can resist a two for one special!!!!

We call and order pizza delivery--- we need food, but really don't want to walk to get take out! Laid back evening--- early to bed. Have to be at the airport around 10 am tomorrow.

Saturday is departure day for Dwayne and Doris--- sad to see them go!! We've all had great fun together!!! Coffee with kaluah, and vodka and cranberry cocktails for breakfast. Except Doris, she really wasn't up for vodka this am. That two for one last night is still talking to her.

After dropping our family at the airport, Robert and I make a quick trip to Trader Joe's, return the rental car, and it's back to SeaQuell for a nap.

It's always fun to share our crazy life with others. We love to see other people enjoying a slice of the heaven that we live daily.
Comments
Vessel Name: SeaQuell
Vessel Make/Model: Manta 40
Hailing Port: Bath, NC
Crew: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/whyknotnow
Social:

Who are we?

Who: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Port: Bath, NC