Why Knot Now?

It all began as a dream.....became a plan.....then, a reality. Our dream was destroyed! .....We're starting over! .....Now follow us aboard S/V SeaQuell

07 November 2019
06 November 2019
06 November 2019
05 November 2019
04 November 2019
04 November 2019
17 May 2019
07 April 2018 | Bath, NC
04 November 2017
04 November 2017
09 October 2017 | Bath,NC
07 October 2017 | Belhaven,NC
06 October 2017 | Columbia,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Mariner's Wharf, Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Elizabeth City, NC

Lots of Laughs

05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
Becky
Day 6: Wednesday October 4, 2017

We depart from Mariner's Wharf at 5:45 am. Today's destination- Edenton,NC.

It's cool and calm on the Pasquotank River . We motor along under a nice big moon, casting beautiful glistening strips of silver on the dark waters. So peaceful!

We raise the sails as soon as we leave the dock. Winds are light-- about 6 knots .

By the time we're in the crab pot minefield, the sun is up. Robert works away (using his "mobile office" setup at the helm). We both keep a sharp eye out; seeing the pots is a challenge today. Just enough wave action to hide some of them.

The Albemarle Sound is actually playing nice for a change. The wind is out of the east, and the waves are behind us. Looks like we're in for a nice ride!!

I spend the morning updating the blog. I've been neglecting it.

Lunch is more leftovers for Robert (I found a container of pot roast that had made it's way to the bottom of the pile in the fridge). I have a sandwich.

After lunch, I take the helm so Robert can actually sit at his workstation down below. He needs to download some files to review. It always amazes me that he is able to work while we're underway. Technology can be a wonderful thing!!

We arrive in Edenton earlier than anticipated. We managed to dodge the crab pots!! Hooray! We're tied up to the dock by 2:30 pm.

Robert immediately returns to work. Maggie and I take a quick walk.

Late afternoon, Robert takes a quick break from work. We get checked in at the marina office, and enjoy a short walk around the marina. There's a small park here. Lots of activity today-- children on the playground; parents keeping watch; joggers; older couples walking slowly while holding hands(I love this). It's a very picturesque scene.

EXCEPT::
The seagulls are trying to take over the dock! Robert's on a one man mission to evict them! He spends about an hour (with cocktail in one hand/water hose in the other), dousing them with a stream of water every time they land. It's quite comical to watch!!
Maggie was the "dock dog" in her younger years-- chasing birds away from the dock. Now, she seems very content to just sit and watch Robert do it!

We plan to have dinner out tonight. We stroll down Broad St. to see what our choices are. We decide on a new place-- Governor's Pub. It's packed -- surprising for a weeknight. We take the last 2 stools at the bar!

The conversation is lively. We prefer sitting at the bar-- it's usually a great way to meet folks. We both order one of their signature cocktails, and we share a basket of hot wings. Everyone is friendly; lots of happy faces!! Bring on another round!!

We head back to SeaQuell , once again with full tummies (mine is anyway), and happy hearts!!

Robert gives the resting seagulls one more quick "shower" before we call it a night. That man-- he makes me laugh!!

Good Nite!!




Comments
Vessel Name: SeaQuell
Vessel Make/Model: Manta 40
Hailing Port: Bath, NC
Crew: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/whyknotnow
Social:

Who are we?

Who: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Port: Bath, NC