Why Knot Now?

It all began as a dream.....became a plan.....then, a reality. Our dream was destroyed! .....We're starting over! .....Now follow us aboard S/V SeaQuell

07 November 2019
06 November 2019
06 November 2019
05 November 2019
04 November 2019
04 November 2019
17 May 2019
07 April 2018 | Bath, NC
04 November 2017
04 November 2017
09 October 2017 | Bath,NC
07 October 2017 | Belhaven,NC
06 October 2017 | Columbia,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Mariner's Wharf, Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Elizabeth City, NC

Nurse Becky Stays Busy

04 September 2012 | Urbanna, Va
Becky
We have had another interesting week.

Robert actually got to stay home this week, so we finished a few more projects.

The kitchen table has a shiny new finish. After repeated sanding and varnishing, it looks beautiful.

Robert also made me a new cutting board that fits on one side of the sink. He borrowed Don's router to fix all the edges so it's flush with the top of the sink. Makes my life so much easier-- I spend hours chopping veggies.

We have two new pieces of starboard installed outside of the cockpit-- one under our new grill and another just for extra sitting/standing/countertop kinda space.

There's been some minor medical incidents--- Susan broke her toe while riding her bike-- slight crash and burn incident. She came down to our boat with her first aid kit and we taped it to the other toes. Not much else to do-- after an ice pack and some ibuprofen, she was able to walk on her heel the next day and continues to improve.

Some visitors, Chuck and Susan (different Susan) were having cocktails with us on Thursday night. They were sitting on our cooler. chuck stood up to hand Becky the insect spray and Susan toppled off the cooler and fell down all the transom steps. Again, the ice bag and ibuprofen to the rescue. She had a rather heavy nosebleed and her left thumb looked kinda funky. She went to urgent care on Friday morning and was placed in a hard splint for her thumb. No other injuries though, and surprisingly, no black eye.

Friday night brought yet another incident. Robert fell into the cockpit of Susan and Chuck's boat from the dock. He apparently was pretty loose, so suffered no injury other than a little wounded pride. Actually, we all got a good laugh once we knew he wasn't hurt.

Becky's sister, Connie and brother-in-law Rick came for Labor Day weekend. They arrived around dinnertime Friday night. We had a wonderful meal at MoJo's. Lots of liquid refreshment as well. Maybe the abundance of liquid refreshment was Robert's saving grace with his fall ( which happened after our return to the dock).

Saturday we caught about 2 dozen crabs--- we had a ball with the chicken necks on a string. I believe Connie was the overall winner-- every time she dropped her chicken in, she caught a crab. Susan did well too, and Becky came in dead last. The guys just watched and offered their help with netting duty.

We shopped, ate great food, rode the trolley to the ice cream shoppe and once again, plenty of liquids!!!!

Becky sang at open mic nite again at the Urbanna Oyster House. There was a better crowd this time, and several people sang. Fun, entertaining night.

We were sad to see Connie and Rick leave, but we had great fun with them

Labor day was also fun-- we went to the 1st birthday party of our friends, Kathy and Brian 's daughter, Rachel. Good family fun. Rachel is growing fast, and is cute as a button

Today it's back to chores and work-- laundry,dry clean, etc.

Weather is gorgeous--- planning a long walk later this eve if we can coax Maggie up.
Comments
Vessel Name: SeaQuell
Vessel Make/Model: Manta 40
Hailing Port: Bath, NC
Crew: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/whyknotnow
Social:

Who are we?

Who: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Port: Bath, NC