Why Knot Now?

It all began as a dream.....became a plan.....then, a reality. Our dream was destroyed! .....We're starting over! .....Now follow us aboard S/V SeaQuell

07 November 2019
06 November 2019
06 November 2019
05 November 2019
04 November 2019
04 November 2019
17 May 2019
07 April 2018 | Bath, NC
04 November 2017
04 November 2017
09 October 2017 | Bath,NC
07 October 2017 | Belhaven,NC
06 October 2017 | Columbia,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Mariner's Wharf, Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Elizabeth City, NC

Here's to the Holidays

31 December 2012 | Stuart, Florida
Becky
Since our last blog, we've been traveling non-stop. Glad the holidays are almost over!! It's been a lot of fun, but everyday routine has a certain appeal for us.

Robert returned from his last business trip on Friday, Dec 21---his flight was delayed, but he still arrived at West Palm around 5:30 pm.  He missed seeing Maggie ( She is at the boarder).  After a nice quiet dinner at a small Italian restaurant, we head back to SeaQuell to regroup. 

We literally unpacked the business attire, and threw in a few casual pieces of clothing for us both--- we're headin' to Dallas, Texas to spend a few days with Robert's family. 

Robert fixed the inverter issue in seconds--- seems it's a calibration issue. There is too much power here---133 volts.  With a new set point, everything is up and running well.

After a very short night of sleep, we're up and at 'em again. Due to a logistics issue, ( not knowing exactly where we would be on what date), we are flying out of Daytona Beach, and our return flight lands in Orlando.

We head to Orlando airport, park our car there, and take a rental car to Daytona Beach. Boarded our flight on time at 2:00 pm, and we're Texas bound!!!!

Robert's sister and her hubby picked us up at the airport in Dallas. After a wonderful Mexican food/ margarita meal, we head to their home in Fort Worth. We laughed and shared stories over cocktails and a few friendly games of pool until the wee hours of the morning.

Sunday is a big day for the Nordstroms.  We and 8 of Robert's family members are attending the TransSiberian Orchestra concert.  We all got "dressed up" and packed into the limo---- what a fun outing!!!! Seeing the look of awe on  his parents faces was priceless. Everyone had a great time!!!

Monday, we're up early again----- our flight is at 9:00, and we have about a 45 minute drive to the airport. After a few breakfast cocktails at the airport bar, we are once again in the air!!!

Uneventful flight back to Orlando. Back in the car for a 2 hour drive home .

Our gal SeaQuell is a welcome sight!!!!!  We slept like babies!!!!

Christmas Eve was a nice, quiet day. We watched a little TV, and just took it easy. We have 1 day to ourselves---- our son,John arrives tomorrow for a week long visit.

Christmas Day!!!! We're in shorts, t-shirts and flip flops!!!!  WOW!!!!! All our hard work was worth it.  John arrives around noon, and we share a wonderful Christmas dinner with our dock "family". Turkey, ham and all the trimmings!!!!
Fun filled afternoon and evening.  Phone calls to all the family back home---- everyone had a wonderful day!!!

The day after Christmas was spent exploring. Robert had to work a little, but late afternoon, we jumped on the bikes and rode around town.  We retrieved Maggie from the boarder, and she rode with us in her trailer behind Robert's bike. We got back to SeaQuell just before the rains came!!!!

The next few days we checked out some local restaurants--- my first Thai food---YUM!!!! Robert and John rented a couple of Hobie Cats and had a fun time sailing. We watched wind surfers and kite boarders having fun on the river too!!!!

Yesterday, we headed to Orlando for some fun------ indoor skydiving!!!! Robert can talk me into ANYTHING!!!!.  John loved it, and Robert and I had fun too.  We said our good byes to John in Orlando--- he's heading back to Louisiana  from here.

After a couple more hours of "road time" , Robert and I are back on board SeaQuell. Maggie is glad we're home, and so are we!!!  We shared a bottle if wine and a Publix take-out chicken dinner----- it's too late to cook!!!

Today, it's back to work for Robert// cleaning,cooking and errand running for Becky. It appears that Maggie intends to sleep the day away---- she's curled up in her bed!!!  

Gotta get a little rest before tonight----- there's a New Year's party to attend!!!!!!

2012 is drawing to a close--- all we can say is::  WOW!!!!!!! What a great year this has been.  Hope everyone has a very Happy New Year!!!!!!! 




Comments
Vessel Name: SeaQuell
Vessel Make/Model: Manta 40
Hailing Port: Bath, NC
Crew: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/whyknotnow
Social:

Who are we?

Who: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Port: Bath, NC