Why Knot Now?

It all began as a dream.....became a plan.....then, a reality. Our dream was destroyed! .....We're starting over! .....Now follow us aboard S/V SeaQuell

07 November 2019
06 November 2019
06 November 2019
05 November 2019
04 November 2019
04 November 2019
17 May 2019
07 April 2018 | Bath, NC
04 November 2017
04 November 2017
09 October 2017 | Bath,NC
07 October 2017 | Belhaven,NC
06 October 2017 | Columbia,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Mariner's Wharf, Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Elizabeth City, NC

Our Crazy Daily Life

18 January 2013 | Stuart, Florida
Becky
We are really enjoying the Stuart area.  The weather is lovely. Warm, breezy days and relatively cool evenings.

We went to the Stuart boat show last weekend--- not a spectacular event, but we did get some useful information from a few vendors.

We enjoyed a quiet weekend by ourselves-- some much needed "couple time". We  rode our bikes over the big bridge (uphill  for at least a quarter of the trip). I finally had to walk beside my bike and push it. My legs were screaming!!! Robert managed to pedal all the way. We went to the green market--- bought lots of veggies. Sampled cheeses, chorizo, breads and  other yummy stuff.

Walked down the river walk and had a good lunch of conch fritters and beer. Fortified with food and drink, we hop back on ours bikes for the return trip. It was no easier on the return trip.  Uphill initially--- again, I had to get off and push. Even Robert  did the same for a short bit. The downhill run was awesome!!!!  Thank God for good brakes!!  

Sunday afternoon we worked on some minor boat projects. We replaced the headliner trim in the  main living area.  It looks great!!!!  We also resiliconed the outside of one of our big forward hatches. Hopefully, no more leaks!

We went for a nice late evening walk, and then watched a movie. 

Monday, it's work for Robert and errands for me.  We are planning to become Floridians--- changing your state ofresidence is quite a hassle!!!!  Many forms to be completed and notarized.  Numerous phone calls to gather information. We are slowly hacking away at it.  There is definitely a step by step process to endure, but we're determined to persevere.

Tuesday morning, I attempted a pine needle basket weaving class. I  REALLY suck at basket weaving .   I should have signed up for the  "slow learners" class.  One of my friends, Charm, was just as bad.  We laughed a lot--- it was comical. I'm not sure the instructors  found it to be quite as humorous.  I'm gonna return to class next week and hope for the best. I don't see this getting any easier, though. The flip side is-- it's free, it's good fellowship with my dock mates, and it's good for a laugh!!!

Robert left Tuesday afternoon for a business trip to Richmond,VA and the DC area. He'll be gone an entire week---- yes, including the weekend!!!!  Neither of us are happy about it, but we're thankful for his otherwise wonderful job. 

I hit a few of the local thrift stores on Wednesday. Didn't buy much because we don't need much!!!!!  It's fun to browse, though. 

Our friends on Nemo, Don and Judy arrived Wednesday afternoon.  Spent a little time with them . They are heading to the Bahamas later this month. We're very excited for them, and we hope to visit them there. Time will not allow us to sail there--- we hope to catch an inexpensive flight over.

Thursday morning I spray painted one of our horribly stained hatch inserts. The previous owner evidently loved to Velcro stuff--- NASTY, sticky mess!! Robert had previously cleaned off the goo in preparation for my paint. I know to most folks this sounds like a minuscule project----- not so. For starters, you can't just set up "shop" anywhere. The wind always blows here, and the last thing we need is my white spray paint on one of the million dollar yachts close by. So, I get a dock cart, rummage through the recycle bin for a large piece of cardboard, and place my hatch insert, paint, and cardboard in the cart. Now, for the walk to a "safe" place to spray paint. This happens to be up by the dumpsters--- a not so short walk from our dock.  An hour later, I'm heading back down the dock with a freshly painted hatch insert. I put it in the cockpit of our boat to dry--- now I need to return the dock cart. See, I told you this was not a simple feat!!!!  Even the simplest of tasks take much longer. It has been a good experience for me, though. I rarely get in a hurry these days!!! 
Major accomplishment for my previous type A personality.  By the way, the hatch insert looks great!!!!


I had cocktails with friends Ron and Charm on their boat Thursday evening. Enjoyed lively conversation about their boating adventures. I just love to hear folks share their stories. It's a huge part of the boating lifestyle---- and I really enjoy it!!  Just wish Robert could participate more. He has to hear the stories second-hand, through me.

Planning a lazy day today. Maggie needs to go for a long run--- maybe we'll head to the beach.  She can play while I relax with my book.  Later today, we'll have our weekly  "dock  dinner". It's actually just appetizers and drinks, but it's always a good time.  

Our life is full of good friends , good food and drink, and lots of laughter and fun!!!!  I hope those of you who read our blog enjoy sharing it with us!!!!!


Comments
Vessel Name: SeaQuell
Vessel Make/Model: Manta 40
Hailing Port: Bath, NC
Crew: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/whyknotnow
Social:

Who are we?

Who: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Port: Bath, NC