Why Knot Now?

It all began as a dream.....became a plan.....then, a reality. Our dream was destroyed! .....We're starting over! .....Now follow us aboard S/V SeaQuell

07 November 2019
06 November 2019
06 November 2019
05 November 2019
04 November 2019
04 November 2019
17 May 2019
07 April 2018 | Bath, NC
04 November 2017
04 November 2017
09 October 2017 | Bath,NC
07 October 2017 | Belhaven,NC
06 October 2017 | Columbia,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Mariner's Wharf, Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Elizabeth City, NC

Home for the summer

23 May 2013 | Urbanna, VA
Becky
We had a great time in Bath visiting with family and friends.

Our daughter is managing ok , so Becky returned home after two weeks in Wilson.

We celebrated with our niece, Mary, and her fiancé , Chris on their upcoming wedding in July. They are getting married in Alaska (they live there), so we helped celebrate with family and friends here that will be unable to attend

We left for Urbanna, VA on May 8th, and arrived on the 11th. We headed out to Ocracoke--- planning an outside passage. Once again, the weather guessers gave a highly inaccurate forecast. We opted to stay in the ICW. Motor sailed most of the way. Stayed at a lovely anchorage one night--- in Broad Creek-- on the north river-- near the Albemarle sound. Total quiet-- only sound was of waterfowl. We had a few  nerve wracking incidents while underway. -- mainly issues with big fishing boats trying to run us over. Timing the bridge openings was another hurdle-- often we were one of a dozen boats, lined up awaiting the bridge opening. Robert had the challenge of holding position-- sometimes for 30 minutes. We encountered 2 large barges heading south--- just as the bridge opened!!!!  now, THAT will make ya pucker!!

We finally made it to the Chesapeake Bay around 6:00 pm on Friday. At one point we were making 13.8 knots!!!!!! WOW!!!!  

In view of impending storms and small craft advisory after midnite, we decided to head straight for Urbanna; opting out of anchoring for the night. We arrived in Urbanna around 1:00 am, anchored in the creek across from the marina where we'll be spending the summer. 

We got into our slip around 11:00 am on Saturday. Time for a celebratory cocktail!!!  Another successful passage!! So glad to be "home"

Robert spent our first few days here in Richmond(at the office). Becky and Maggie went for long walks around town. 

We spent a couple of days in Wilson-- our daughter, Rebecca received her first infusion of therapy for her ulcerative colitis. We also attended her graduation from nursing school while in Wilson. We're so proud of all she's accomplished.

Back home--- again at 1:00 am. We're becoming very proficient at this.

Saturday was Cocktail Boat race day at the marina. It was fun, despite kinda crappy weather.Good turnout of folks, and good food and drink.

Sunday was a day of much needed rest----- slept in; watched movies; drank like fish!!!!

Monday it's back to work. Usual routine.

Becky is going to work at the marina a little, helping out as a dockhand and with some office duties. First day of training went well.

Projects on SeaQuell continue. We adjusted the rudders(aligned and retensioned the cables). Spring cleaned the old gal.

Getting ready to fly to Costa Rica--- business trip for Robert, Becky tagging along. We're super excited about this trip.

Maggie is getting lots of love and treats. Frequent walks thru town. Chasing waterfowl at the marina. She has it made!!!

We are settling in quickly. Renewing friendships with people we met last year here in Urbanna.  The weather is perfect---high 70's during the day----50's at night. Lovin' every minute of our crazy life!!!!!
Comments
Vessel Name: SeaQuell
Vessel Make/Model: Manta 40
Hailing Port: Bath, NC
Crew: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/whyknotnow
Social:

Who are we?

Who: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Port: Bath, NC