Why Knot Now?

It all began as a dream.....became a plan.....then, a reality. Our dream was destroyed! .....We're starting over! .....Now follow us aboard S/V SeaQuell

07 November 2019
06 November 2019
06 November 2019
05 November 2019
04 November 2019
04 November 2019
17 May 2019
07 April 2018 | Bath, NC
04 November 2017
04 November 2017
09 October 2017 | Bath,NC
07 October 2017 | Belhaven,NC
06 October 2017 | Columbia,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Mariner's Wharf, Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Elizabeth City, NC

Memorial Day Fun

01 June 2013 | Urbanna, Reedville, and Tangier Island, VA
Becky
We are establishing our routine here in Urbanna.

Life here is very quiet most of the time. The weekends get a little busy, but during the week we enjoy the peacefulness.

We have done a few more projects on SeaQuell. Our toilet needed valves replacing, so that job is done.
Reorganized Robert's tool/sewing closet.
Replaced the fuel filter and oil filters on the starboard engine/routine maintenance.

We had a fun- filled weekend over Memorial Day. One of Robert's co-workers (Nagu) and his sons (Hari and Murari) came to visit. We left the marina on Sat. Morning. The wind was blowing a steady 20 knots, but we had a fantastic sail. When we made our turn at Windmill Point, the waves and wind increased.
Nagu and Hari got a little seasick, but a couple of Dramamine and a nap fixed them right up.

We spent the evening in Reedville--- walked around town, touring the lovely homes and the Fisherman's museum. Snacks ( provided by Nagu and Co.) of a variety of Indian chips, party mix, pastries. Nice and spicy!!!!! Dinner on the boat, with ice cream from the local ice cream/coffee shop-- Chitter-Chats, for dessert.

Sunday morning, after a good night of sleep, we headed to Tangier Island. Winds are brisk, but much less wave action today. We arrived at Tangier early afternoon. Enjoyed lunch at a local restaurant. Explored the village on foot--- we only saw 3 cars the whole time!!! Most of the locals drive their golf carts everywhere.

Nice Memorial Day service at the local church. Very reverent.

We walked on the beach for a couple of miles--- saw a dead dolphin that had washed ashore---? Sick-- no evidence of injury.

Dinner plans were altered--- all the restaurants closed at 5:00 pm. We had dinner on the boat with lots of liquid refreshment for the adults.

Monday morning, we are up early for a 6:30 departure and sail back to Urbanna. NOT!!!!! The port hull of SeaQuell is sitting in the mud---- while waiting for the tide to come in, the adults had breakfast cocktails, and the boys went kayaking.

Finally got underway around 10:00 am. NO wind today!!! Motored back to Urbanna, and arrived at our marina around 5:00 pm. We lost the tip of our boat pole coming in--- gotta dive for that later!!

Guests head back to Richmond around 6:00 pm. Robert and I visited with friends on the dock-- Anne and David Townsend (they live in NC) . Cindy and Doc (Urbanna locals) also joined in the fun!!! We shared snacks, cocktails, and lots of funny stories----- so much fun!!

Dinner plans once again altered--- only one restaurant in Urbanna was open today, and they close at 8:00!!!!! They were kind enough to fix us some crab cake sandwiches to go!!! We're getting pretty good at "flying by the seat if our pants".

Bedtime was a very welcome sight--- all this fun makes ya tired!!

Tuesday, it's back to the daily grind. Becky is up to her ears in dirty laundry, and the boat is a hot mess!!! ( another sign of a fun weekend).
Robert is hard at work, too.
Maggie is doing what she does best---- sleeping!!

The rest of this week has been filled with minor projects and preparing for our trip to Costa Rica.

We leave tomorrow morning. We've been upgraded to first class!!!!! Maggie is at the boarder. Now to do some last minute laundry and then pack our bags!!!
We're both excited about visiting another new place--- life is very good!!!!
Comments
Vessel Name: SeaQuell
Vessel Make/Model: Manta 40
Hailing Port: Bath, NC
Crew: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/whyknotnow
Social:

Who are we?

Who: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Port: Bath, NC