Why Knot Now?

It all began as a dream.....became a plan.....then, a reality. Our dream was destroyed! .....We're starting over! .....Now follow us aboard S/V SeaQuell

07 November 2019
06 November 2019
06 November 2019
05 November 2019
04 November 2019
04 November 2019
17 May 2019
07 April 2018 | Bath, NC
04 November 2017
04 November 2017
09 October 2017 | Bath,NC
07 October 2017 | Belhaven,NC
06 October 2017 | Columbia,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Mariner's Wharf, Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Elizabeth City, NC

Race to Hopetown

03 April 2014
Becky
Another packed full day!!!!

We all went into town--- we have to find a radiator cap for our engine--- SCORE--- found it at NAPA auto parts.

While in town, we stopped by Da Bes Yet Bakery--- we nibbled on pound cake, cinnamon rolls (still warm), pigs in da blankets, and coconut "cake". Great, healthy breakfast, huh??

Quick stop by the liquor store, and it's back aboard SeaQuell to get ready for today's "race" to Hopetown.

Robert attends a captain's meeting for instructions . Judy and I ready the boat for departure, and Don finishes helping with repairs on Karma.

We leave the anchorage around 10:30. Race begins at 11:00. We drop one of our boat hooks in the water, and Don dives in to retrieve it. He searched for a few minutes, and we gave up---- gotta get to the start line!!! We have one remaining boat hook!!

The "race" was fun. We were to change crew with another boat, so we exchanged Maggie and Junior ( the dogs).

The sail to Hopetown took a couple of hours. We arrived around 1:00 pm.We are staying at The Hopetown Marina tonight.oh, by the way, SeaQuell was dead last in the race!!

After tying up to the dock, we enjoyed our conch salad lunch, and took the shuttle boat across the Harbour into town. Nice walk to On Da Beach Bar and Grill. More Kalik!!! Nice walk on the beach, and back into town. The town is very quaint!! Sure want to come again when we have more time.

Back to SeaQuell at 5:15 pm--- gonna try to squeeze in a much needed shower before tonight's potluck dinner,which starts at 6:00 .

With everyone showered, shampooed, and shaved, we head to potluck. What a feast!!!! Great evening of fun and fellowship. These Manta Owners are really nice folks!!

We return to SeaQuell and finish the Mexican Dominoes game we began earlier in the week. Of course, Robert wins, Judy is 2nd, Don 3rd, and Becky dead last!! It was fun!!

Gotta get to bed!!! These late nights are fun, but tiring!! More fun tomorrow!!!5
Comments
Vessel Name: SeaQuell
Vessel Make/Model: Manta 40
Hailing Port: Bath, NC
Crew: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/whyknotnow
Social:

Who are we?

Who: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Port: Bath, NC