Why Knot Now?

It all began as a dream.....became a plan.....then, a reality. Our dream was destroyed! .....We're starting over! .....Now follow us aboard S/V SeaQuell

07 November 2019
06 November 2019
06 November 2019
05 November 2019
04 November 2019
04 November 2019
17 May 2019
07 April 2018 | Bath, NC
04 November 2017
04 November 2017
09 October 2017 | Bath,NC
07 October 2017 | Belhaven,NC
06 October 2017 | Columbia,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Mariner's Wharf, Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Elizabeth City, NC

Georgetown, SC to Hilton Head, SC

13 November 2014
Becky
We enjoyed our short stay in Georgetown. After checking weather/offshore conditions, we decide to make an outside jump down to Port Royal. Our departure time is 1:00 pm, to catch the tide.
With a couple of hours to spare, Carl, Melissa, Judy and I jump in the dinghy to go ashore. Maggie tagged along-- she is excited about the grassy area she spotted at the park.
We enjoy breakfast at the Kudzu Bakery, and pick up some yummy items to take with us. We strolled down the street and did some window shopping-- most of the stores open at 11:00, and we need to head back to prepare for the voyage offshore. We did browse at Tomlinson's-- they have a little bit of just about everything-- no one bought a thing!!
Don and Robert didn't accompany us-- they stayed behind to do some "boat chores"; most importantly , replacing the mast head bulb in one of SeaQuell's lights.
Upon return, we all get busy readying our boats. Offshore jack lines in place, tethers, life jackets, and ditch bags at the ready. Oh, can't forget our overnight "snack bag"---- beef jerky, almonds, candy, granola bars,dried fruit,rice Krispy treats, and red bull. As usual, the Nordstroms don't plan to go hungry.
We ease of out Georgetown right on schedule, and catch a good, swift ride out to the Atlantic Ocean.
The ocean looks like a pond-- calm as can be!! Downside-- very little wind- looks like we'll motorsail!!
Conditions stay basically the same all afternoon-evening.
Robert and I enjoy a hearty bowl of 15 bean soup for dinner, sit back and enjoy the ride. The sunset is lovely-- skies are pink and blue with just a few puffy clouds.
Robert catches a power nap while I do the dishes and keep watch.
It's very quiet on the water tonight-- only a couple more boats seen, and they are closer to shore than our group.
Robert takes the helm, and I catch a couple hours of sleep. The wind turns right on our nose, so he drops the sails. We motor along all night- changing watch at 11:00 pm. Time for Robert to get some sleep.
I enjoy a quiet, moonlit and starry sky ride for a little over 4 hours; reading and listening to a little Kenney Chesney and SEAL.
Around 3:30 am, we change watch again. My turn for a little shut eye.
Up at 6:15 am. We sip our coffee and watch a spectacular sunrise.
Nemo and Perceptions aren't far behind us. There's a little W wind, so we raise the jib.
We anticipate arrival to Port Royal late morning.
Reservations at Skull Creek Marina--- Robert has a few work meetings to attend, and we all need a shower.
SeaQuell needs a bath worse than we do, so hopefully I can do that while Robert works. One of our friends, Curt is there;awaiting repair of the heater on his boat-- looks like we're ALL gonna need our heat in the next few days
Maggie has pretty much slept through the whole trip-- she's the best old dog!!!
We arrived at Skull Creek Marina around 11:00 am, a little earlier than anticipated.
Lunch is a salad and steamed turkey franks for Robert/ tuna for me.nice long walk for Maggie after lunch. Visited with our friend Curt for a short bit.
SeaQuell gets a much needed bath. I take a wonderful hot shower and clean inside the boat. Also did a load of laundry.
Dinner will be aboard SeaQuell this evening. Our friend Curt will be joining us, as well as Carl, Melissa, Don, and Judy. I have chicken and mushrooms simmering away in the oven, and scalloped potatoes on the stovetop. Can't wait for dinner time!!
The guys are going to chat about tomorrow's plan after dinner. Looks like we may be able to do another offshore jump to Jacksonville, FL.
Ready for some shorts, t-shirts and flip flops!!!
Comments
Vessel Name: SeaQuell
Vessel Make/Model: Manta 40
Hailing Port: Bath, NC
Crew: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/whyknotnow
Social:

Who are we?

Who: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Port: Bath, NC