Why Knot Now?

It all began as a dream.....became a plan.....then, a reality. Our dream was destroyed! .....We're starting over! .....Now follow us aboard S/V SeaQuell

07 November 2019
06 November 2019
06 November 2019
05 November 2019
04 November 2019
04 November 2019
17 May 2019
07 April 2018 | Bath, NC
04 November 2017
04 November 2017
09 October 2017 | Bath,NC
07 October 2017 | Belhaven,NC
06 October 2017 | Columbia,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Mariner's Wharf, Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Elizabeth City, NC

Workday

06 April 2015
Becky
Monday April 6

Today is a "work day" for the SeaQuell crew. We're waiting for better weather to head for Hopetown.

We break out the AirLine Scuba equipment. Before we even get started with the zinc replacement and bottom cleaning, the compressor engine runs out of fuel. We used the last of our gasoline yesterday on our long dinghy excursion. We're in Little Harbour, where there are no stores.

Robert jumps in the dinghy, and goes boat to boat in the mooring field; hoping to buy or barter. He meets a young couple who has plenty of gasoline, but needs fresh water. SCORE!!! We trade 6 gallons of fresh water for 1 1/2 gallons of gas.

Robert cleans and removes the starboard propeller. The zinc needs replacing, and we have a new one on board. However, there are screws missing, and we have none of the right size. So, he puts the old one back on, and puts the prop back on.

Robert and Alan scrape barnacles, and clean the bottom of our fat bottomed girl. Becky keeps watch and hands equipment down. We complete the job mid afternoon.
Time for a cold beer!!

As we're cleaning and putting away all the equipment, Robert detects a funny sensation in his left ear. He tilts his head, shakes it a few times, and out pops some sort of creepy crawler. YUCK!!!

Late afternoon, I decide to take Maggie ashore. I take off in the dinghy, and promptly drive into a really shallow spot. OOPS!! I get out in the knee deep water and try to pull it up on shore, but it won't budge!! I get back in and try pushing out of the shallows with the oars, but then can't get the engine to start. Damnit!!

Robert saves the day by hitching a ride into shore with the same gal we got fuel from earlier today. He gets the dinghy to deeper water, and the engine fires right up. Maggie makes a quick potty run, and we're back to SeaQuell.

Dinner is leftover burgers. The nice young couple that helped us earlier today comes over for drinks. We enjoy sharing stories for a bit. They have led quite an interesting life.


After our guests leave, Alan, Robert and I finish our game of Mexican Train Dominoes. The unbelievable happens. Becky wins!!!

We head for bed around 10:00 pm. Hoping to head for Hopetown tomorrow. Would love to get offshore for some more fishing, but weather will be the deciding factor.



Comments
Vessel Name: SeaQuell
Vessel Make/Model: Manta 40
Hailing Port: Bath, NC
Crew: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/whyknotnow
Social:

Who are we?

Who: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Port: Bath, NC