Why Knot Now?

It all began as a dream.....became a plan.....then, a reality. Our dream was destroyed! .....We're starting over! .....Now follow us aboard S/V SeaQuell

07 November 2019
06 November 2019
06 November 2019
05 November 2019
04 November 2019
04 November 2019
17 May 2019
07 April 2018 | Bath, NC
04 November 2017
04 November 2017
09 October 2017 | Bath,NC
07 October 2017 | Belhaven,NC
06 October 2017 | Columbia,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Mariner's Wharf, Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Elizabeth City, NC

Fun with The Locals

11 April 2015
Becky
Saturday, April 11, 2015

We're a little bummed that Alan goes back home today.

We spend most of the morning watching a sail dinghy/sunfish race. Their course came really close by, and it was interesting to watch.

We dinghied to shore just after noon for Alan's taxi to the airport. After goodbyes, Robert and I head to Maxwell's for a little food restocking. Fresh produce, tonic water, juice, and ice.

It looks like we may get a little rain shower, so I hang a few salty swimsuits on the lifelines, and Robert places some buckets in strategic areas for rain collection. SeaQuell could really use a fresh water rinse.

We only got a sprinkling of rain, but managed to do a tad of cleaning with what little water we collected.

After cleaning, we carry Maggie ashore for a potty break. We enjoy a short walk, and head back to SeaQuell for a before dinner cocktail.

We hail our favorite taxi driver, Bruce #117 on the VHF radio. He has promised to carry us to a restaurant where the locals go. We ride several miles out of "the town proper", and go to a restaurant called The Pines. Absolutely wonderful spot!! Sonny, the owner, is a beautiful lady, loaded with personality. We sit at the bar, and meet lots of friendly, local people. Mario, a young man from Sandy Point buys us a couple of shots. You should have seen the names of the shots on the menu board. I had a melon fucker, and Robert enjoyed a sweet, tight pussy. Pardon the language, but that's what they were called.

We had a wonderful meal--- best conch fritters we've ever eaten--- loaded with fresh conch. I had fried chicken, peas and rice. Robert had a steak with mushrooms, onions, and a huge baked potato. We both enjoyed cocktails!! What a great way to spend our last night in Marsh Harbour.

Sonny called Bruce to come back and retrieve us. He returns us to the dinghy dock, and we putter back to SeaQuell.

I plan to turn in early. Robert retires to the cockpit for another drink. What a wonderful day!!!!
Comments
Vessel Name: SeaQuell
Vessel Make/Model: Manta 40
Hailing Port: Bath, NC
Crew: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/whyknotnow
Social:

Who are we?

Who: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Port: Bath, NC