Why Knot Now?

It all began as a dream.....became a plan.....then, a reality. Our dream was destroyed! .....We're starting over! .....Now follow us aboard S/V SeaQuell

07 November 2019
06 November 2019
06 November 2019
05 November 2019
04 November 2019
04 November 2019
17 May 2019
07 April 2018 | Bath, NC
04 November 2017
04 November 2017
09 October 2017 | Bath,NC
07 October 2017 | Belhaven,NC
06 October 2017 | Columbia,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Edenton,NC
05 October 2017 | Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Mariner's Wharf, Elizabeth City,NC
04 October 2017 | Elizabeth City, NC

Smashed!!!!

16 April 2016 | Great Guana Cay/ Marsh Harbour
Becky
April 16, 2016

We start the day with coffee and granola bars in the cockpit. We listen to the Cruisers Net on the VHF radio . After hearing the weather forecast for today, we decide to ferry over to Great Guana Cay rather than taking SeaQuell. Winds are predicted to be from the NorthEast at 15-20 knots, with chance of thunderstorms most of the day.

We catch the 10:30 ferry, and after a slightly bumpy 30 minute ride, arrive at Great Guana. First stop, Nippers!!!! It's so gusty on the oceanfront, we opt out of walking on the beach. Instead, we belly up to the bar for several rounds of Goombay Smash--- a rum punch with a "sneak-up-on-ya" punch!!! They go down so smoothly; but be careful!!! Connie and I sit by the pool, visit the gift shop for a few purchases.

With a nice "buzz", we head over to Grabbers--bar #2. It's much more tranquil on the bay side. Connie and I wade in the shallows and do some shelling. Connie enjoys the hammock with another Goombay Smash in hand. Before we are all "smashed", we order some lunch. Today it's cracked conch and fresh tuna tartare. OMG!!! Yumminess!!

We ride the 2:30 ferry back to Marsh Harbour. The ride back is a little more pleasant, but the storm clouds are rollin' in.

When we return to SeaQuell, it's decided that naps are in order for the girls. Round 2 of today's fun starts in just a few hours!!!! The guys keep their "smash" on with Dark and Stormies!!!! Good thing we're takin' a cab to dinner!!!

It pours rain, and the wind blows like stink for about an hour. Between showers, we head over to the Jib Room. Tonight is steak night!!

There's a small but lively crowd tonight. We start the night with Raddlers for Connie, Don, and I. Robert and Rick continue their Goombay Smash run!!!! It's gonna be a crazy night!!

Our dinner is delicious---- steaks, baked potatoes, salad, broccoli/carrots, and yeast rolls. We are definitely enjoying the food here!!

The entertainment is fantastic!!! Island music, with two guys playing the saw with a screwdriver. The island kids join in, playing the marachas . We all give the saw-play in' a whirl . Don gets the saw playing prize, with Rick a close second.

Next, it's LIMBO time!!!! Elvis is a limbo dancer that has been at it for 28 years!!! The crowd joins in for the first few rounds, but the lower the pole gets, the fewer the participants. The grand finale is Elvis under a lighted pole-- no more than 10 inches off the ground. He lights his cigarette as he passes under the pole, the EATS the lit cigarette. WOW!!!

The wind is picking up again, the rain is threatening to return, but we squeeze in one line dance. The WOBBLE is new to me, but I join in anyway!! I do love to dance!!

The rain returns with a vengeance , so we "wobble" back to SeaQuell per taxi.

It's been an amazing day, but man; gotta rest!!! Night all!
Comments
Vessel Name: SeaQuell
Vessel Make/Model: Manta 40
Hailing Port: Bath, NC
Crew: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/whyknotnow
Social:

Who are we?

Who: Captain Robert, Admiral Becky & Maggie the Wonder Dog!
Port: Bath, NC