Windancer IV

Windancer IV is a Lagoon 440 cruising catamaran. She is Hull# 001 and was purchased by the MacKenzie family in November, 2005 who took possession in Fort Lauderdale, Florida shortly after Hurricane Wilma. John MacKenzie, delivered the vessel to the B

19 July 2009 | Bahamas
18 June 2009 | Staniel Cay, Exumas
10 June 2009 | Stuat's Cove, New Providence, Bahamas
05 June 2009 | Allan Cay, Bahamas
04 June 2009 | Passage between Provo, T & C and Rum Cay, Bahamas
02 June 2009 | Turks and Caicos
26 May 2009 | USVI and BVI
25 May 2009 | BVI and USVI
23 May 2009 | Cooper Island, BVI
16 May 2009 | Passage from St Thomas to Nanny Cay
14 May 2009 | Charlotte's Amalie, St. Thomas
07 May 2009 | Sir Francis Drake Passage off Nanny Cay Marina
04 May 2009 | Barbuda
02 May 2009 | Dominica
30 April 2009 | Guadeloupe
26 April 2009 | St Maarten, WI
20 April 2009 | Carlisle Bay, Antigua, WI
19 April 2009 | Portsmouth, Dominica
18 April 2009 | Falmouth Harbour, Antigua, WI
17 April 2009 | Passage from Jolly Harbour to Carlisle Bay, Antigua

The ARC Opening Ceremonies And Don Pedro�s �Dinghy Race�

18 November 2008 | Vela Latina Marina, Las Palmas, Gran Canaria
Connor MacKenzie
I woke up to a parentless boat. A wave of panic came over me, as there was no one there. Unfortunately I had not seen this before, but there was a note saying that mom and dad were at Chilli Oyster. As I was reading the note the purr of an engine became louder and more apparent. Mom and Jordan appeared at the stern and stepped onto Windancer. While mom grabbed both her and my cameras and the waterproof cases I dressed quickly and jumped into the dinghy along with mom and Jordan. While dad dove to replace Chilli Oyster's anodes Becky made us bacon sandwiches and eggs from a box. We returned home and filled water balloons in preparation for our race. Before we knew it, it was time to go to the north parking lot and assemble for the flag raising ceremony. The flags were ordered in alphabetical order according to the Spanish translation of the countries. In spot 10 we were behind Belgium and in front of Denmark. With Cat Mousses and a few other Canadian boats we marched in the parade behind a brass band. With Jenny on Arnould's shoulders holding the flag, team Canada was complete. I have always dreamed being on team Canada and being at the flag raising ceremonies but I never imagined it like this. Don't get me wrong, this was still pretty awesome. We made it to Don Pedro's Texaco Station and raised the flags in unison and indicated the commencement of the ARC. While we watched the flags wave in the trade winds mom rushed over and informed us that the race begins at one not one thirty. We ran back to the boat and rushed to get our supplies into the dinghy. Dad tied Lucy Blue's dinghy to ours and we were off to compete. We removed Lucy Blue's engine and dinghyed to the starting line. The team of India, Ryan, Wesley, Jennifer and I teamed up with Amanda and went of to compete. This is no normal race; the main objective is not to pass the finish line first but to sabotage other boats. This means water balloons, squirt guns, splashing, flipping other boats and throwing peanut butter like substances. There were not really only dinghies either but surfboards, inflatable pool toys, and life rafts. It was mayhem. There were buckets of water and a mud-like/peanut-like substance flying around on a regular basis. There were balloons with paint or soap being thrown. I abandoned ship and swam through the water using the, "Join another boat, steal their balloons, hit them with their own balloons, swim to next boat, repeat" tactic and it works like a charm. The plundering went on even after the race stopped, there were still buckets of water being tossed, balloons flying like grenades but an addition to the older weapons, there was a hose and Dad. Dad was launching buckets of water like a machine gun. I got out of the water with a smile on my face. Behind me a smoke flare went off spurting orange smoke like a chimney burning oranges. This may have been the most fun I have had this trip.
Comments
Vessel Name: Windancer IV
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 440
Hailing Port: Edmonton, Canada
Crew: John MacKenzie
About: John, Ziggy, Connor and Jennifer MacKenzie
Extra: Setting Sail May, 2008 for our "extended cruise"....
Home Page: www.sailblogs.com/member/windancer

S/V Windancer IV

Who: John MacKenzie
Port: Edmonton, Canada
Windancer IV - Side Block
Custom Footer