windows8

Vessel Name: windows8
Recent Blog Posts
07 October 2012

Replace Tools in Ease of Access Center to Reset Windows 7 Password

Replace Ease of Access tool with Command Processor

13 September 2012

How to Set up Parental Control in Windows 8?

If you are worried about your kid's online safety, a great way is to set up parental controls. In Windows 7, you can use its built-in parental controls to manage how your child uses the computer. You can set limits on the hours that your children can use the computer, the games they can play and the [...]

13 September 2012

Forgot My Acer Windows 7 Password?

I have Acer windows 7 and forgot my password! Any fast hacks to get in it? Please help me its urgent! I have no other accounts without a password. And the start in safe mode thing does not work for me.

31 August 2012

No Email Will Reset Forgotten Windows Password

It is quite embarrassing and terrifying if you forgot Windows password because everyone knows how important passwords are, but there is absolutely nothing to worry. The computer experts are well aware that people can sometimes be forgetful so they designed special programs in order [...]

29 August 2012

Reset Windows without Losing Important Files

Passwords are used to keep your things secured, especially personal items like mobile phones, computers, email addresses. This keeps your things private and inaccessible to unauthorized people. It is also mandatory to remember these codes whether by writing them down on a safe place or keeping them [...]

14 August 2012

Forgot Password? Password Unlocker Bundle is Your Best Solution!

It's easy to forget your password, like Windows login password, Office password, RAR password and more. As a password recovery tool provider, I often receive some emails about how to recover or reset the login/open password. I have collected some issues as follow:

Replace Tools in Ease of Access Center to Reset Windows 7 Password

07 October 2012
Carly Mcrae

Replace Ease of Access tool with Command Processor



Windows 7 users may have noticed the Ease of Access button on the bottom left corner of the logon screen. This button allows you to use the Ease of Access features, such as the narrator (narrator.exe), magnifier (magnify.exe), high contrast, on-screen keyboard (osk.exe), sticky keys (sethc.exe) and filer keys right from the logon screen.



If replace any one of them with Command Processor, when you trigger the tool at logon screen, you will get a command window with administrator privileges, and then you are able to run some commands as administrator even you are not, such as use "net user" command to reset Windows 7 password.



Note: This trick can be used in all Windows system, like Windows XP/Vista, and Windows server 2000/2003/2008. It is said that the trick to replace On-Screen keyboard (osk.exe) only works in Windows vista.



How to replace magnify.exe with cmd.exe when you can log on as admin?



In Windows 7 system disk, it is hard to rename cmd.exe as narrator.exe, magnify.exe or sethc.exe, even logon with built-in administrator, as they are system files under protection. Thus you need to change its owner and owner privilege to have the right to modify their names.
Steps:



1. Log on as Administrator.
2. Go to C:\Windows\system32, find magnify.exe and cmd.exe, Property->Security tab->Advanced button-> Owner tab->Edit its owner to Administrators, and then go to Permission tab to change the privilege of Administrator as full control. Then you are able to rename them.
3. Rename magnify.exe as magnify1.exe, and rename cmd.exe as magnify.exe.
4. Restart computer normally, at the login screen, click the button at the left bottom, find and start the second option magnifier. A command prompt window will come out.
5. Input "net user Administrator (user name) 123 (new password)", and enter.
6. Log in with new password to check.



Now, you reset Windows 7 password with the replaced Command Processor successfully. The same steps can be applied to sticky key (sethc.exe).



So you can take this tip as a preventive measure. Compared with creating Windows password reset disk in advance, though a bit difficult, it is more powerful at some extent.



What if you have forgotten Windows password already?



You should boot from Windows PE disk at first to get the right to rename magnify.exe and cmd.exe. See http://4sysops.com/archives/forgot-the-administrator-password-the-sticky-keys-trick/.



If you are a computer novice, it is quite complicated for you. So when you forgot Windows password, it is suggested that using Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery directly and easily.

Comments

About & Links