Casting off

We are doing it!!! Ahhh cruising!

11 March 2015 | Black Point
10 March 2015 | Blackpoint
01 March 2015 | Pirates Beach
28 February 2015 | Pirates Beach
28 February 2015 | Pirates Beach
28 February 2015 | Big Major
26 February 2015 | Big Major
25 February 2015 | Sandy Cay
25 February 2015 | Near Big Major
24 February 2015 | Big Major
23 February 2015 | Big Major
23 February 2015 | Big Major spot
22 February 2015 | Big Major Spot, Stanial Cay
20 February 2015 | Pipe Creek
20 February 2015 | Stanial Cay
16 February 2015 | Stanial Cay
16 February 2015 | Stanial Cay Yatch Club
15 February 2015 | Big Major, Bahamas
12 February 2015 | Great Guana Cay

Welcome to Norfolk

13 October 2014 | Norfolk Va
Ian 85f sunny
Good run today from Deltaville to Norfolk.

Our plan was to anchor off hospital point, or get a dock at a marina...
It was nice to see the sails up and enjoying a great ride south on the Chesapeake.
The tide turns and we start getting the speeds that Lost Puppy likes to do...Us Too!

About 1300 we begin to make our plans for getting into the harbour.... Now let me tell you the Chesapeake is big....seriously big....until a guy in a trawler, reading on his for-deck, and his autopilot on, closes steadily on your starboard, appearing to be passing. But, at his slow, read very slow rate of passing it became difficult to figure his intentions.

A prudent sailor hails on the radio the imposing craft to figure his intentions. What we have seen and heard so for was a very polite, respectful hail and passing process. So you can imagine, he did not respond. As we were by standards the stand on vessel.. I held course until...such time that i have to turn in behind him as he cut close enough for me to know much too much about his boat and if the camera was handy to see that no one was at the helm!!!!

Yep, fun....oh well.. the change of direction offered us the opportunity to close our distance to the harbour at a better angle....

We could now see the big warships......Oh yaaaaaa!

So we were following another sailboat...she knew where she was going....
Our new friend again accelerated on our stern...came to 1 boat length,,, and instead of hailing on the radio...he proceeded to yell at us that we were in the wrong for being on this side of the channel....umm ya the waterway guide suggested this course of direction...but, our very knowledgeable trawler guy knows more than the colregs could print....
At this moment he points the nose of his craft at our dingy near was to collide until i retarded the throttle to flight idle and he howled by us nearly getting our bowsprit. He must have a depth perception problem, or something.

You know we were enjoying the trip to this point, especially seeing the dolphins frolicking as we entered the harbour......

We needed a pump out and fuel so we checked into a marina....Whew! what a day!!!
Comments
Vessel Name: Windreaper and Lost Puppy
Vessel Make/Model: Northstar 22, Kelly Peterson 44
Hailing Port: Midland
Crew: Ian and Jennifer
About: Jobs, officially gone, we moved Lost Puppy to Florida, our life begins again!!!! We have made so many friends in our boating experience so far and hope to enjoy more in the future, we are looking forward to letting go the dock lines and find what adventure awaits, somewhere! out there.....
Extra: So now we are in the Bahamas!!!

s/v Windreaper & Lost Puppy

Who: Ian and Jennifer
Port: Midland