Windrush Adventures

02 April 2013 | Hoffman Cay, Berry Islands
19 March 2013 | Darby Is. Exumas
25 February 2013 | Hog Cay, Ragged Islands
06 February 2013 | Salt Pond, Long Is.
28 January 2013 | Hog Cay, Ragged Islands
01 January 2013 | Georgetown
12 December 2012 | Georgetown
22 November 2012 | Norman's Cay
16 November 2012 | Hurricane Harbour, Key Biscayne
04 November 2012 | Titusville
27 April 2012
16 April 2012 | West End, Grand Bahama
31 March 2012 | Bullock's Harbour, Berry Is.
09 March 2012 | Nassau, Bahamas
18 February 2012 | Georgetown, Exumas
26 January 2012 | Salt Pond, Long Is.
01 January 2012 | Georgetown, Exumas
31 December 2011 | Georgetown, Exumas
08 December 2011 | Lee Stocking Is., Exumas
30 November 2011

Mahi mahi

31 December 2011 | Georgetown, Exumas
Val
We spent two days in one of our favourite anchorages, Ray Bay. Tried a little spear fishing and I got some exercise rowing whilst Bruce was in the water. I had been wondering how I would manage with the new dinghy as it sits higher in the water than the old one and the angle of the oars is just a bit different. Managed just fine though and didn’t get blown away by the wind!
On the 11th. (Sunday) we headed into Georgetown and anchored under the monument at Stocking Island. During the sail we did some trolling (becoming the usual thing for us) and just as we were about to enter the cut the line took off! Bruce had just gone below for a moment when it happened so there was I steering the boat and yelling “FISH Bruce, FISH”!! I didn’t realise he had gone below to answer natures call, poor man. “FISH,FISH, BRUCE WHERE ARE YOU!!! Anyway........ the fish took the whole line but Bruce pulled it in and it was fighting all the way! A beautiful, big Mahi-Mahi. What a gorgeous looking fish, just beautiful green and blue colouring. It seemed a crime (almost!) that we were going to kill it and eat it. We had been hoping for a Mahi - Mahi since we first started trolling so we didn’t feel too bad and it tasted wonderful at suppertime!! After a couple of days at the monument anchorage just relaxing, we moved over to our mooring ball at Cavelli House where we planned to leave the boat for our Christmas trip home to Nova Scotia. Our first day there I finished the cockpit cushions so we went out for a couple of cold Kaliks at the St. Francis marina to celebrate. We found that at St. Francis you have access to the internet for $2.00/75mins, so we returned there the next day to take advantage of that and of course another couple of cold ones! We contacted just about everybody over the next hour and a half until the owners told us we were hogging the waveband and they were getting calls from other boaters who couldn’t get online! Well, mission accomplished and we were now ready for our trip home!
Comments
Vessel Name: Windrush
Vessel Make/Model: PDQ 36 Classic
Hailing Port: Lunenburg, NS Canada
Crew: Bruce & Val Marshall
About:
Retired now and Bruce and Val are again heading back to the warm Caribbean on their new pride and joy..... Windrush. She’s a 1999 PDQ 36 Classic catamaran that was purchased in September of ’09 from Rick and Pam Kilmer of Punta Gorda. [...]

Master & Commander

Who: Bruce & Val Marshall
Port: Lunenburg, NS Canada