Windrush Adventures

02 April 2013 | Hoffman Cay, Berry Islands
19 March 2013 | Darby Is. Exumas
25 February 2013 | Hog Cay, Ragged Islands
06 February 2013 | Salt Pond, Long Is.
28 January 2013 | Hog Cay, Ragged Islands
01 January 2013 | Georgetown
12 December 2012 | Georgetown
22 November 2012 | Norman's Cay
16 November 2012 | Hurricane Harbour, Key Biscayne
04 November 2012 | Titusville
27 April 2012
16 April 2012 | West End, Grand Bahama
31 March 2012 | Bullock's Harbour, Berry Is.
09 March 2012 | Nassau, Bahamas
18 February 2012 | Georgetown, Exumas
26 January 2012 | Salt Pond, Long Is.
01 January 2012 | Georgetown, Exumas
31 December 2011 | Georgetown, Exumas
08 December 2011 | Lee Stocking Is., Exumas
30 November 2011

Another day in Paradise

06 February 2013 | Salt Pond, Long Is.
Val
Bruce and I on Windrush and John & Barbara on Sam the Skull left Hog Island together on January 29th and sailed to Buenavista Cay and then the next day to Water Cay. On the Thursday we parted ways for a short time - Sam the Skull for Georgetown and Windrush to Long Island. Bruce and I really wanted to get on Skype and contact family, we were almost desperate to hear and see them and we knew that at the Long Island Breeze Resort at Salt Pond, Long Island we would be able to! We also needed to take care of some other business on the internet, which we hadn't been able to do even on the 3G Kindle. So we arrived there safe and sound on Thursday 31st January. We did have to motor sail part of the way, but not too much which was great. First thing we did after dropping the anchor was to go ashore to 'The Breeze' and have a couple of lovely cold beers (Kalik of course) and get online! We managed to have a great chat with my Mum and Dad while we were ashore - oh it was lovely to see them looking so well!! Hugs and Kisses Mum and Dad!! No one else was online at that time so we walked over to the grocery store to get some fresh fruit and veg. and then returned to the boat. We found that we could still get the internet on the boat just offshore from 'The Breeze' and had a good chat with George too, although the connection wasn't good enough just then to be able to see him. George had just returned a couple of days prior to this from a trip to see Bill in Phoenix and then travelled with him to meet up with Adam, Ryan and Liz, Cindy and Mel in Las Vegas to celebrate Mel's 21st birthday. Happy Birthday Mel!! We have seen some pictures and you look fantastic! The following day we managed to contact Gill and Malcolm and heard all about Helen's visit home and her "Vegan Extrvaganza" meal! Any Skyping then had to be put on hold for a couple of days as another 'front' was moving in and we had to move Windrush to a different anchorage and unfortunately couldn't get internet there.
Sunday 3rd Feb was the "Superbowl" in the USA. Last year we went to a 'Superbowl' party held at the Fishermans Lodge in Duncantown. This year there was a big party at 'The Breeze'. There was 75-100 people there and 3 big screen TV's set up so that people could see the action. We had a good time and met some new people on other cruising boats. Even though I don't know the first thing about football, it was still a good time! Bruce and I had steak and chips for dinner and I drank more Kaliks than I think I ever have at one time. We even won a free drink and almost(!) won $50 in the pool.
Yesterday we did more Skyping and talked again to Mum and Dad, George, Gill, Shawn, Kirsty when she was on her break and then later Geoff! Kirsty is still enjoying her new job and is now off orientation, and Geoff & Emily had just gotten home from their first pre-natal class. Fantastic!! So life goes on......
Today we finished picking up fresh supplies (and rum!) and supplies for our cruising friends in the Jumentos, did the laundry, updated the bog (as you see) and Bruce is at present filling the spare gas jugs as tomorrow we are leaving Long Island. The plan is to get the 2nd propane tank filled when the truck comes around tomorrow lunchtime and then head out to a place called 'Dollar Harbour' which we enjoyed last season. Then on Thursday (Happy Birthday our Kirsty, we'll be thinking of you!!)) we will sail on the ocean side back to the Jumentos (Water Cay or Flamingo Cay) fishing for Mahi Mahi on the way. So this is it for the blog for a while until we get internet access again somewhere around the end of this month.
Bye for now!..................
Comments
Vessel Name: Windrush
Vessel Make/Model: PDQ 36 Classic
Hailing Port: Lunenburg, NS Canada
Crew: Bruce & Val Marshall
About:
Retired now and Bruce and Val are again heading back to the warm Caribbean on their new pride and joy..... Windrush. She’s a 1999 PDQ 36 Classic catamaran that was purchased in September of ’09 from Rick and Pam Kilmer of Punta Gorda. [...]

Master & Commander

Who: Bruce & Val Marshall
Port: Lunenburg, NS Canada