Voyages

These are the voyages of the sailing vessel, Wings.

19 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
15 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
13 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
11 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
07 September 2023 | Apooiti Bay
03 September 2023 | Tapuamu, Taha'a
02 September 2023 | Tapuamu, Taha'a
31 August 2023 | Haamene Bay, Taha'a
29 August 2023 | Relais Mehana Hotel, Huahine
26 August 2023 | Fare, Huahine
19 August 2023 | Aloe Cafe, Viatape
13 August 2023 | Aloe Cafe, Viatape
11 August 2023 | Apooiti Bay mooring field
08 August 2023
08 August 2023 | Apooiti Bay, Raiatea
05 August 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
01 August 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
31 July 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
28 July 2023 | Orion Guest House

Desalinator success!

18 March 2013 | Marina Palmira, La Paz, Mexico
Happy Bill!
Wonderful! The water maker works!

I completed the last connection for the desalinator at 2:30 or so this afternoon. Tom, our friend, the guy who introduced us to the device, dropped by and asked if we wanted to start it up. Well, YEAH! After chasing a few leaks, Tom fired up the device and it made excellent, neutral and safe water. Wow! After WEEKS of effort the thing made water. We were amazed! It's louder than we had hoped, but it's sitting in a resonance chamber: a tiny hanging locker. Be sure to see the photos of the installation that I posted on our site..

I apologize for the enthusiasm, but this is a HUGE task for us to complete. We need to run the machine for two hours or so to be sure that we understand the device and its operation. The ability to make drinkable water from sea water makes a huge difference in what we can do. No hauling jerry cans of water on our dinghy, no wishing that we had more water to use for laundry or cooking. It's a new world.

Although a smaller victory, we tried Chips' toilet and it does NOT leak! So, Chip has a his own toilet and we have a toilet for bad conditions. The forward head, shall we say, needs a seatbelt when the seas are up. The bow moves a lot when the seas are high, and sitting on the throne when the bow rocks like that isn't easy. Having the toilet in the aft berth operating is great for all of us.

So, tomorrow, I work on the AIS antenna, while Conni and Chip work on varnishing and sails. Our friend, Jeff, will arrive and help us with the sails, the installation of the new Raymarine wind instrument, and installing some other safety items.

I do feel like we'll make it now. I need to contact our importers and see if our whisker pole has arrived. We have many more tasks to complete before we leave, but all pale in comparison to the water maker.

Conni is, very kindly, preparing a nice meal in celebration of the event, and we'll continue to work, but this particular task is successfully completed.
Comments
Vessel Name: Wings
Vessel Make/Model: Passport 40
Hailing Port: Anchorage, Alaska
Crew: William Ennis and Constance Livsey
About: We've been married since 1991, and both retired from our respective jobs (teacher and attorney) after long careers. We live in the most exotic of the United States: Alaska. We cruise on Wings for half the year, enjoying our home state the other part of the year.
Extra:
We've sailed Wings Southward from Alaska since August, 2010. We joined the BajaHaha from SoCal to Mexico in 2012. We joined the Pacific Puddle Jump in 2013 and crossed the Pacific Ocean. Wings "over-summered" in French Polynesia. We continued our journey through western French Polynesia, [...]
Home Page: http://svwings.com
Wings's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.