Voyages

These are the voyages of the sailing vessel, Wings.

19 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
15 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
13 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
11 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
07 September 2023 | Apooiti Bay
03 September 2023 | Tapuamu, Taha'a
02 September 2023 | Tapuamu, Taha'a
31 August 2023 | Haamene Bay, Taha'a
29 August 2023 | Relais Mehana Hotel, Huahine
26 August 2023 | Fare, Huahine
19 August 2023 | Aloe Cafe, Viatape
13 August 2023 | Aloe Cafe, Viatape
11 August 2023 | Apooiti Bay mooring field
08 August 2023
08 August 2023 | Apooiti Bay, Raiatea
05 August 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
01 August 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
31 July 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
28 July 2023 | Orion Guest House

Closer, but not done.

24 March 2013 | Marina Palmira, La Paz, Mexico
Bill, working hard
We accomplished a lot today, but things keep cropping up. Damn!

Our first task this morning was to prepare to make our last and largest shopping trip before leaving. Our lovely neighbors, Bill and Dana from Eva G, offered to drive us around on our errands. We gratefully accepted.

Conni visited a local box grocery store, filling two grocery carts to overflowing. She filled our refrigerator/freezer, and single blue box that will stay in the cabin, but she got everything stowed. Her flash of brilliance, and it truly is, was to use the space in the hanging locker that contains the water maker and hung both bags of bread and chips on hangers. Brilliant! They're much less likely to be damaged.

I was able, finally, to fill our second propane tank so we've got two full propane tanks to start. I bought more engine oil and a siphon to drain gas from our two gas jerry cans.

I also bought wood that I used to fabricate frameworks to store our four jerry cans against the lifeline stanchions. We have two gas, one diesel, and one fresh water jerry cans in 5-gallon sizes. I think that the cans will be safe from being washed away.

Chip worked on the boat while we were out and got most of one side varnished. The boat looks much better. With all the crap off of her decks, or most it, anyway, she looks more like a serious cruising boat.

Conni goes up the mast tomorrow to replace the two wind instruments. She'll ride the bosun's chair and we'll use a winch to crank her up. I plan to climb halyards to the first spreader and install the damed radar reflector since our rigger wasn't able to do it for us.

I've also got to get the engine fuel system bled, so I have a full day's work.

Our poor fridge is working overtime to cool/freeze the enormous food load that we fed it.
Comments
Vessel Name: Wings
Vessel Make/Model: Passport 40
Hailing Port: Anchorage, Alaska
Crew: William Ennis and Constance Livsey
About: We've been married since 1991, and both retired from our respective jobs (teacher and attorney) after long careers. We live in the most exotic of the United States: Alaska. We cruise on Wings for half the year, enjoying our home state the other part of the year.
Extra:
We've sailed Wings Southward from Alaska since August, 2010. We joined the BajaHaha from SoCal to Mexico in 2012. We joined the Pacific Puddle Jump in 2013 and crossed the Pacific Ocean. Wings "over-summered" in French Polynesia. We continued our journey through western French Polynesia, [...]
Home Page: http://svwings.com
Wings's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.