Voyages

These are the voyages of the sailing vessel, Wings.

19 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
15 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
13 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
11 September 2023 | Pension Tiare Nui
07 September 2023 | Apooiti Bay
03 September 2023 | Tapuamu, Taha'a
02 September 2023 | Tapuamu, Taha'a
31 August 2023 | Haamene Bay, Taha'a
29 August 2023 | Relais Mehana Hotel, Huahine
26 August 2023 | Fare, Huahine
19 August 2023 | Aloe Cafe, Viatape
13 August 2023 | Aloe Cafe, Viatape
11 August 2023 | Apooiti Bay mooring field
08 August 2023
08 August 2023 | Apooiti Bay, Raiatea
05 August 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
01 August 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
31 July 2023 | Raiatea Carenage
28 July 2023 | Orion Guest House

Grrrrrr....

13 April 2015 | The bar, First Landing Resort
Grrrrr....Bill
What a day! We're bushed, dehydrated, hot, and somewhat frustrated.

We had barely arrived when two representatives from Yacht Help, our contractor, were knocking on the hull. She and her companion listened to our issues and we all walked around the boat. They both agreed that many tasks had not been started or completed even for the ten months that Wings had been in the yard. They called an army of workers who started immediately to complete tasks. We did learn that they had done some outstanding work that we had missed. They seem to understand that we have a limited amount of time in which to complete the job. With luck, they'll persist and complete the work. With luckā€¦..

Bad news first. The AC-powered battery charger, an expensive, top-of-the-line device, is toast. We must buy another from New Zealand (if we can find one) and get it shipped here ASAP. The two main bank batteries are probably toast, as well. I don't know if the two issues are related but certainly could be.

Ritesh, the new mechanic, dropped by and after most of the day, we decided that the engine repair was as complete as we can make it without having power to either start it or do any testing. Sigh.

Since I worked on the engine with Ritesh all day, I contributed little, but Conni was a dynamo, getting the stainless steel (don't let the name fool you: it stains and rusts, just not as much) clean and prepared for the solar panel installation. The panel output bypasses the AC charger and will help a bit to charge the main bank, if possible. Shoot, we can't run lights or fans! Conni added water to the port-side tank and we have a foot pump for it, but otherwise we have no water for our consuming thirst.

Our glimmer of hope is that we can get the charger and batteries replaced without breaking the bank, and Yacht Help will complete all of the work for which they were contracted.

We arrived at the boat at 0830 and departed for our bure at 1630, making for a long day. Tonight, we'll enjoy a cocktail in the bar, eat in the room, and do it again tomorrow.
Comments
Vessel Name: Wings
Vessel Make/Model: Passport 40
Hailing Port: Anchorage, Alaska
Crew: William Ennis and Constance Livsey
About: We've been married since 1991, and both retired from our respective jobs (teacher and attorney) after long careers. We live in the most exotic of the United States: Alaska. We cruise on Wings for half the year, enjoying our home state the other part of the year.
Extra:
We've sailed Wings Southward from Alaska since August, 2010. We joined the BajaHaha from SoCal to Mexico in 2012. We joined the Pacific Puddle Jump in 2013 and crossed the Pacific Ocean. Wings "over-summered" in French Polynesia. We continued our journey through western French Polynesia, [...]
Home Page: http://svwings.com
Wings's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.