Xanadu of Falmouth

23 April 2007 | Falmouth Cornwall
20 June 2006 | Corfu
03 May 2006 | Olbia
03 May 2006 | Olbia
08 April 2006 | Falmouth
25 March 2006 | Falmouth, Cornwall

Sailing in Sardinia

03 May 2006 | Olbia
Fiona Pound / sunny and dry
Arrived back at the yacht to find her in good shape, only one broken rail wire and two lost fenders.
Left Castelsardo as soon as possible as it was closed with little amenities. Sailed to St Teresa which was pretty but again closed. Sailed onto Le Maddelena which was very nice and open. Met an English family with two young children called Phoebe and Nick, so our two had a great time.
Left there and sailed around to Porto Cervo, had just tied up when the Mistral came through with very strong winds. This place was amazing, full of people in designer wear and every designer shop you could think of. Felt well out of place in my scruffy sailing kit. Found the staff and people generally very helpful. Went and had an ice cream and coffee at the yacht club terrace overlooking the bay, fabulous view. A very nice man from the yacht club gave the kids a CD of the racing at the club last year. Took tourist train around the big houses, Vladmir Putins house reportedly cost 50million euros!!
After the wind died down we headed for Olbia where we have stayed for a few days whilst I (Fiona) return to England to the funeral of my uncle who was run down by a car.
Have decided that Sardinia is only alive during June to September and are going to head for Rome when I return subject to weather, at present another low is crossing bring strong winds. More soon.
Comments
Vessel Name: Xanadu