s/v Eos

Eos (the Greek goddess of the Dawn) is an owner completed one-off Hollmann FD-12. Her hull and deck were purchased in 1990 and she was launched in 2007. A dream a long time in the making!

12 December 2015 | Brunswick Landing Marina
27 April 2014 | Brunswick, GA
28 March 2014 | Rybovich Boatyard, Riviera Beach, Florida
16 March 2014 | Port Canaveral, FL
11 March 2014 | Port Canaveral, FL
21 February 2014 | Tiger Point Bost Yard and Marina, Fernandina Beach, FL
03 November 2013 | Brunswick, GA
14 July 2013 | Brunswick, GA
20 April 2013 | Brunswick, GA
07 February 2013 | Tiger Point Marina, Fernandina Beach, FL
09 December 2012 | Tiger Point Marina, Fernandina Beach, FL
31 July 2012 | Brunswick then Newnan, GA
18 June 2012 | Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas
18 June 2012 | Nassau, New Providence, Bahamas
13 June 2012 | 24 43.07'N:76 50.07'W
10 June 2012 | 24 18.19'N:76 32.465'W
07 June 2012 | 24 24.04'N:76 39.235'W
05 June 2012 | 24 43.021'N:76 49.995'W

Lovely Cape May, NJ

22 October 2010 | Cape May, NJ
Sylvia - Sunny and WINDY
21 October, 2010

Bill had done a yeoman's job of scrubbing floors in the boat yesterday but still had some to finish so that was his morning fun while I did other cleaning and re-arranging and culling to get rid of some things that we really didn't need to keep.

Then the rest of the day was our day for getting out and seeing more of Cape May. We wandered across the bridge toward town but the weather looked as if it would open up on us. So we scooted into a pizza place a couple of blocks from the marina. While we were there we struck up a conversation with a couple of local men and they were telling us where things were and that we needed to go down to the Mall and the boardwalk and to see some of the lovely Victorian homes and B&B's in this the first resort town in the US. The mall was quite a walk but the man who owned the pizza place offered to take us down. He was a retired Special Ed and History teacher who owns three of the pizza places in town. We saw some of the houses as we drove by them but I didn't get any pictures. Little did I know that I would have plenty of opportunity later in the day to take as many pictures as I wanted.

He dropped us off at the Mall and we wandered around there and up streets with lovely Victorian homes. Then we went two blocks down to the shore. The weather hadn't deteriorated as we expected so we started to walk back up Washington Street to the marina. Bill was skeptical about this but then he had been paying closer attention to how far our ride had driven us.

We walked by all of these lovely places and I took photo after photo (as you will see in the photo gallery for Cape May) but the walk was really long. We were both bushed when we got back to the marina. I decided I was too tired to cook so it was back to the Lucky Bones for another fine meal.

22 October 2010

Today was the day to get Eos and ourselves ready for the next leg of our trip. Bill did some things while I went up to the marina and did laundry then we got hair cuts at a nearby salon that we had discovered yesterday during our wanderings. Since it was then lunch time we went to the Lobster House which is evidently quite famous here about. Then it was back to the boat for a head pump, water fill, post a blog entry and pictures.

It was very, very windy today. A 68' cabin cruiser took off this morning to go up the Delaware Bay and quickly turned around and came back. The forecast 4-6' seas were 8-10'. After they came back any feeling of being wimps was gone. It was ugly out there. We talked to a couple of folks who came in and were they tired. They had come along the NJ shore so it wasn't quite as bad as in Delaware Bay where the wind was coming straight down the bay but it wasn't any fun for them. Everybody else here on the fuel dock and in the transient slips just settled in for the day.

Tomorrow is supposed to be considerably better and after a final weather check later this evening to make sure things haven't changed we will make it an early night so we can take off tomorrow morning for a 24 hour run to Virginia Beach, Va.
Comments
Vessel Name: Eos
Vessel Make/Model: Eva Hollman FD-12 one-off
Hailing Port: Saint Paul, Minnesota USA
Crew: Sylvia and Bill Mueller
About:
Bill is a retired but hopefully will be again a fine artist who quit painting in 1991 to spend full-time finishing the hull and deck we had purchased. Now 18 years later he is ready to be co-captain as we we sail out the Great Lakes to become full-time cruisers. [...]

Chasing the Dream

Who: Sylvia and Bill Mueller
Port: Saint Paul, Minnesota USA