Bermuda to Flores (Azores) - Day 11
25 May 2017 | Mid Atlantic
It's not over until it's over.... We had a lovely overnight sail, with no stress on the watches and good sleeping down below. But we were concerned when we looked at the downloaded forecast this morning. We were in danger of running into the storm soon to pass over Flores. So we emailed Commander's Weather to ask their advice, and are now sailing due south as fast as we can, in totally the wrong direction. This will take us away from the worst of the wind and the swell when the storm comes through tonight, and once it arrives the wind shifts to the SE, so we can put it behind us and charge back to Flores. Saturday should be calm. Well, that's the plan, lets hope it works out. We are now likely to arrive on Sunday.