2 Kids and a Dog at Sea

09 February 2011 | Oakville, Ontario
26 November 2010 | Georgetown, Exuma, Bahamas
21 November 2010 | Georgetown Exumas
17 November 2010 | Georgetown Exuma
15 November 2010 | Compass Cay Exumas
09 November 2010 | Paradis Harbor Yacht Club
06 November 2010 | Paradise harbor club marina, Nassau, Bahama
29 October 2010 | Port Lucaya, Grand Bahamas

In Nassau waiting out Tomas.....

06 November 2010 | Paradise harbor club marina, Nassau, Bahama
First mate Christina
We have been enjoying our stay in Paradise Is. Had only planned on staying for two days, but yet another part needed to come from the States!
If we keep going at this rate we should have an entire new boat at the end of our trip...every port we come into so far requires a part flown in from the US!!!
The story of a boaters life....
We have enjoyed going through Atlantis, looking at the manta rays, sharks, and other sea creatures.
My highlight has been a Starbucks close by :) Won't be seeing one of those for a long time to come....maybe Puerto Rico?!

We went a Zoo where we watched flamingos marching, fed Lory parrots apple slices, and saw Massive iguanas, and other tropical kinds of animals.
Emerson kept asking to see a giraffe, and didn't really understand that this wasn't the type of zoo like back home!

There is a Restaurant and Bar as part of our marina, and is located not too far our aft. They had a salsa fianle competition the other night, so we decided to go and watch...both Michaela and Emerson were very excited to go to a dance party! Unfortunately, like all tings in de Islands it starts much later than you think! So we all had cocktails, virgin and not so. And left before the dancing began.
But once the kids were sleeping you could here the salsa loud and clear from our boat.
It feels quite chilly today because of the winds...it is actually 25 degrees celcius, but when the winds hit you it is chilly. The locals all have sweaters on, long pants, and all the tourists are walking around in there swimsuits with a little cover up.

That's all for now, signing out all's well on the waters!
Now we are waiting for the winds from Tomas to die down so that the seas will calm down to make our cruise to the Exumas a pleasant one!




Comments
Vessel Name: Christina Dasa
Vessel Make/Model: carver 53 Pilothouse
Hailing Port: Hutchinson Island, Florida
Crew: captain Michael, First Mate Christina, Co-Captain Michaela, Skipper Emerson, Crew Steve, and Pirate pup Perrito
About: a Motley crew if there ever was.... Our family, inluding our 8 year old daughter, and 3 year old son, a crew hand and dog. All seeting sail for an adventure on the Seas!

Our Sea Life

Who: captain Michael, First Mate Christina, Co-Captain Michaela, Skipper Emerson, Crew Steve, and Pirate pup Perrito
Port: Hutchinson Island, Florida