Escapade

10 May 2015 | 2014 sailing
27 August 2014 | To be Christian/Hope/Beckwith
17 August 2014 | Georgian bay
25 March 2013 | home
08 June 2012 | Christian island
05 June 2012 | Lost bay Georgian Bay
05 June 2012 | hard
05 June 2012 | hard
16 April 2012 | Hard
08 April 2012 | Hard
09 February 2012 | Home
02 January 2012 | Penatang
24 December 2011 | Home
13 November 2011 | on the hard
18 August 2011 | Dutchmans
11 August 2011 | beausoleil island
08 August 2011 | West side of Beckwith Island
04 August 2011 | Little sandy Bay
15 July 2011 | Marina

Setting her up!

03 May 2011 | Waukegan
Bruce / windy and cold
Day two started early on the boat.

Replaced two ac breakers that broke. The other two. Had already been replaced so I have two spares.

Cleaned the deck storage boxes. Take a bucket of mud and dump them in. Not sure how it got there. But I am proud. And lonely as I pre type this. Busy during the day but at night I'm the only one in the marina.

Going down to. 1 C tonight. No electric heaters any where for sale. . Just fans. Moved to the. V berth. Smaller. Easy to heat with old heater.

Geordie. That propane heater is a god send. Eating upwith propane does put out the heat with some moisture.

Diesel heater. Forced air will be the way to go.

Cleaned out the anchor locker. Full of maple seeds. Shop vac is great. 200 ft of rode. But need more than ten feet of chain.

Big boat.

Clean both heads with power sprayer and also did the V berth. Finished with wipe down of bleach spray. Constant cleaning required.

The leak at the rudder post is cleaning the bilge. Which is a good thing. Tightened it with a big wrench I borrowed from the mechanic. Still leaking. Needs new stuffing wondering if I can do it in the water. Likely to swell over the next few days.


Fixed a few lights. bulbs needed replacement.

Adjusting enclosure. Cold and stiff. Old and shrunk. Good enough. But back section missing zipper. Open back for the trip home unless I can fix it.

Engine cleaned. Purrs nicely. Helps to see whats in there. The dust from the belt was everywhere. Was loose and wore down .

Found broken connector at water pump. Home depot again. Return faulty smoke detector and get part.

Coast guard inspection at three tomorrow. Safety inspection. Should pass with flying colours.

Registration being mailed in tomorrow. New process where we mail in our application with the purchase documentation. Could take 5 days to 5 weeks depending who you talk to.

Storage is an issue here. Will have to make room.

Lotsa work left. Bed time been a long day. Day three coming up.

Looking forward to ride home. No ice out there but you would think there is. Ha. Bbbbrrr.
Comments
Vessel Name: Escapade
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina Morgan 1993 38 ft CC 381
Hailing Port: Midland
Crew: Bruce & Jacqueline
About: Escapade is our third boat in the great adventure. We are looking forward to spending most of the summers on her as we cruise the Great Lakes. Going south, maybe ! Looking forward to travelling back to the north channel and beyond.
Extra: Not afraid to sail off the dock!

Escapade

Who: Bruce & Jacqueline
Port: Midland