Escapade

10 May 2015 | 2014 sailing
27 August 2014 | To be Christian/Hope/Beckwith
17 August 2014 | Georgian bay
25 March 2013 | home
08 June 2012 | Christian island
05 June 2012 | Lost bay Georgian Bay
05 June 2012 | hard
05 June 2012 | hard
16 April 2012 | Hard
08 April 2012 | Hard
09 February 2012 | Home
02 January 2012 | Penatang
24 December 2011 | Home
13 November 2011 | on the hard
18 August 2011 | Dutchmans
11 August 2011 | beausoleil island
08 August 2011 | West side of Beckwith Island
04 August 2011 | Little sandy Bay
15 July 2011 | Marina

Still working at it

04 July 2011 | Penatang
Bruce
Well, its been a few weeks.

Its been busy.

Three to four days a week we have been going up to the boat . Each time we work on a new area. Clean and repair.

Our Stuffing box for the rudder needed new material. done
Our Stuffing box for the main shaft needed new material . done
likely eighteen years old.

The hot water tank wasn't hooked up, bypassed. The leak took us there. Out she came, exposing dirt and mold. Good time to clean. I also revealed that the charger / inverter was replaced in 2004. Zap, a short circuit was detected. AC back feeding on the starboard line. ouch.

It had caused corrosion on the bottom of the tank. Getting welded up. New element and drain tap are also getting an upgrade. Good time to re insulate , better stronger and useable. Still trying to find the wiring issue. But that also reveals new issues.

Organization of the wiring is so important. In time, for now the starboard AC circuit is off line till I source the wrongful connections. Likely from the circuit to the DC ground. Unfortunately the wiring is in all the tight locations of the boat that we don't see. Detective work 101 and time.

The aft head tank is 5 gallons. Not enough . So we are trying to gain access to replace the macerator (other one was seized with rust from lack of use. - fixed). It will pump to the forward head tank which is 17 gallons.

Overall , the boat is coming together. We keep doing little projects on the boat each time we go up. A few actually. Jacqueline is in nesting mode with sewing jobs and the like.

We soaked the cushions the other day. Oxy clean and then vinager rinse. Almost dry. Cleaned up nice with very little odour anymore.

Still trying to source tranny parts . Canvasing different people who might have some hanging around.

Going into the water this week we hope, towed to a dock, raise the mast and turn her back to a sailboat. In time, we will get the parts for the tranny and will move forward.

More to come.

Comments
Vessel Name: Escapade
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina Morgan 1993 38 ft CC 381
Hailing Port: Midland
Crew: Bruce & Jacqueline
About: Escapade is our third boat in the great adventure. We are looking forward to spending most of the summers on her as we cruise the Great Lakes. Going south, maybe ! Looking forward to travelling back to the north channel and beyond.
Extra: Not afraid to sail off the dock!

Escapade

Who: Bruce & Jacqueline
Port: Midland