25 March 2013 | home
Bruce / just above zero
Well, I'll have to apologize for not updating the blog since last summer. Its so time consuming.
We had a great summer with various trips out to the islands and up towards parry sound.
Highlights were Port Rawson area, Kilcoursie, and Parry Sound area.
We had no major issues on the boat. But the 12 foot swells coming out of ODonnell point might be considered as one. Even made this old salt a little weak. The boat handled very well.
The boat was shrunk wrapped with the door at the rear. Great for keeping the boat dry. Its about $225.00 a year when I do it myself. Nice and protected. Unfortunately the cold creeps into every corner of the boat and it takes so long to warm it up. Went up a few times.
Now with the weather warming up, we are starting to do a few jobs.
1) removed old Bilge lines that drained into the scuffers. We had back feed the odd time. Now draining from separate bilge areas out the side of the boat. hopefully dryer.
2) Scuffer drain small leak being fixed, this was where the bilge lines drained into the hose (t). Just a seal on the threads.
3) Mid ship on the port side, installing a deck wash system. Pressure controlled pump to a deck flush connection system. will make it easier to keep the boat clean.
4) DC outlet at the Pedestal. Needed to plug in power source for ipad or even a spot light. Old way was a long 12 volt extension line out a side window.
5) Jacqueline did some sewing on the enclosure. Replaced zippers and strengthened the seems. Good for another year. or two.
I'm sure there is going to be a few more little jobs as we go along. Everything will get a clean and conditioning. Less surprises out on the water.
Mom was kind enough to donate her old computer . Now have a ships computer , mostly for watching movies. Jiffy popcorn and we're all set.