4malones

30 August 2010 | Seattle, WA
30 July 2010 | Seattle
28 June 2010 | Friday Harbor, WA
27 June 2010
25 June 2010 | Friday Harbor, WA
24 June 2010 | Off Washington
22 June 2010 | Off Washington
18 June 2010 | Northern Pacific
14 June 2010 | Northern Pacific
10 June 2010 | North of Hawaii
05 June 2010 | North of Hawaii
02 June 2010 | North of the Equator
28 May 2010 | North of the Equator
26 May 2010 | North of the Equator
22 May 2010 | North of the Equator
18 May 2010 | South of the Equator
13 May 2010 | Southern Pacific Ocean
11 May 2010 | Southern Pacific Ocean
10 May 2010 | Southern Pacific Ocean
10 May 2010 | Southern Pacific Ocean

Hello from Neah Bay

15 August 2008 | Neah Bay
Scott
Well we have made it to the most Northwest corner of the continental United States. We are waiting for friends to arrive on Sunday and (weather permitting) launch out into the Pacific.

The last couple of days have been stunningly beautiful and sunny, but without a breath of wind. We motored all the way to Port Angeles arriving mid morning yesterday. This gave Mary plenty of time to work out one of the side effects of the Scopolamine patches we are wearing to ward off seasickness. She is experiencing drowsiness and needed several power naps to make it through the afternoon. Poor Dear. The other side effect is a bit more annoying she has blurred vision and can not see things up close. Mary has resorted to using one of the kid's magnifying glasses to read anything. It is a pretty amusing sight and if I was quicker with the camera I might be able to catch her at it. We are hoping that this goes away soon.

Today we motored to Neah Bay and the Straights of Juan de Fuca were oily calm until the Pacific swells started rolling in and we tossed and turned under power for nearly 8 hours. Mary is so happy to be here that she has mentioned staying forever. I know she is kidding because we just went ashore for a walk and to explore the "town", they informed us that this is a dry reservation and do not sell or serve beer here. No more talk about staying longer than necessary coincidentally. I will probably get to post this without Mary noticing because she can not find the magnifying glass right now.

On the way in to the harbor we saw our first two whales of the trip and after we set the anchor Mary pointed a flock of Pelicans circling over the harbor. The open water animals compensate greatly for the open water swells.

We are ahead of schedule and plan on relaxing here for the next two days and the big tasks are to sleep in and do some last minute provisioning.
Comments
Vessel Name: Whisper
Vessel Make/Model: Tartan 37
Hailing Port: Seattle
Crew: Scott, Mary, Timothy and Finn

Who: Scott, Mary, Timothy and Finn
Port: Seattle