4malones

30 August 2010 | Seattle, WA
30 July 2010 | Seattle
28 June 2010 | Friday Harbor, WA
27 June 2010
25 June 2010 | Friday Harbor, WA
24 June 2010 | Off Washington
22 June 2010 | Off Washington
18 June 2010 | Northern Pacific
14 June 2010 | Northern Pacific
10 June 2010 | North of Hawaii
05 June 2010 | North of Hawaii
02 June 2010 | North of the Equator
28 May 2010 | North of the Equator
26 May 2010 | North of the Equator
22 May 2010 | North of the Equator
18 May 2010 | South of the Equator
13 May 2010 | Southern Pacific Ocean
11 May 2010 | Southern Pacific Ocean
10 May 2010 | Southern Pacific Ocean
10 May 2010 | Southern Pacific Ocean

White Food

03 April 2009 | Pacific
Scott
A very dear friend once told us that he only likes white food. Really! I am reluctant to admit it, but we too have been reduced to white food aboard the boat. There is nothing quite like serving up a tasty combination of white cabbage, white potatoes, white onions, white jicama, and the old stand by - white rice. We have eaten everything remotely fresh and just have white stuff left and it's tough to come up with a creative presentation. Mary grew a batch of sprouts and it was a test of wills to let the little seeds get past the barely light green stage before scooping them up and piling them on sandwiches. We are starting to look forward to fresh food.

We still have plenty of water aboard. This morning we had a rain squall of biblical proportions with enough wind that we were forced to bear off and run with the squall expecting it to blow through. Torrential rains followed the first big puffs of wind and never quit. It was raining so hard that standing water was sloshing back and forth on the decks and sluicing off the covers. We washed the kids' clothes, our clothes, towels, the cockpit and all three of the boys, plus collected about 15 gallons of drinking water. Mary took some cute photos of the (little) boys washing their hair, naked in the cockpit. After a couple of hours, we started to realize that the cloud was moving at exactly the speed of the boat and we would need to change course to ever get out from under it.

All is well and we have 550 miles to go.
Comments
Vessel Name: Whisper
Vessel Make/Model: Tartan 37
Hailing Port: Seattle
Crew: Scott, Mary, Timothy and Finn

Who: Scott, Mary, Timothy and Finn
Port: Seattle