A' Bientot Adventures

The Pirates' Silver Passage

28 April 2011 | Fort Lauderdale
25 April 2011 | Matt Lowe Cay
23 April 2011 | The Abacos
22 April 2011 | Green Turtle Cay
20 April 2011 | Abacos
18 April 2011 | Abacos
18 April 2011 | Egg Island
14 April 2011 | Sampson Cay
09 April 2011 | Staniel Cay
08 April 2011 | O'Brien Cay
04 April 2011 | Hawksbill to O'Brien Cay
01 April 2011 | Just off of Nassau
26 March 2011 | Hawk's Nest
25 March 2011 | Cat Island
23 March 2011 | Cat Island
19 March 2011 | Galliott Bay
15 March 2011 | Warderick Wells
14 March 2011 | Havana
13 March 2011 | Havana
09 March 2011

The Cambios Hit the Exumas

08 April 2011 | O'Brien Cay
linda
The Cambio boys have all attended Little Traverse Sailing School—in fact, this will be the fifth summer for Joseph. They know nautical terms and basic sailing protocol, but have practiced only on small boats in the protected Little Traverse Bay, not on the open sea. Under full sail with the seas pounding, A Bientot can move pretty fast and make a great deal of noise. It was a different sailing experience for sure. The boys learned to raise and lower the anchor and the sails, attach mooring lines, as well as the daily chores—swabbing the decks, polishing the stainless, cleaning the heads and galley duty. In general, all tasks were accomplished with grace—a tribute to their mom and dad. When we weren’t snorkeling, sailing, swimming, diving, hiking or beaching, we played games. The boys and I learned Euchre from Matt; we played a dice game called Farkle; chess and king’s corners matches were frequently in play during slow passages. We shared dinner each night and discussed the day’s activities as a family. Every evening we searched for the green flash, but the clouds on the April horizon were not cooperative. Of particular note, there were no Game Boys or computer games aboard A Bientot this week.
Comments
Vessel Name: A' Bientot
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 380
Hailing Port: Portsmouth, NH
Crew: Gary and Linda Pauly, Patty and Tom Waier
About: Too many two week charters. We wanted to spend more than a night or two in really great Caribbean anchorages. Whiskey for the guys and wine for the girls oiled the decision to buy a boat and do it before our bones got too old to pass muster.
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/abientot

Gang of Four

Who: Gary and Linda Pauly, Patty and Tom Waier
Port: Portsmouth, NH