A' Bientot Adventures

The Pirates' Silver Passage

28 April 2011 | Fort Lauderdale
25 April 2011 | Matt Lowe Cay
23 April 2011 | The Abacos
22 April 2011 | Green Turtle Cay
20 April 2011 | Abacos
18 April 2011 | Abacos
18 April 2011 | Egg Island
14 April 2011 | Sampson Cay
09 April 2011 | Staniel Cay
08 April 2011 | O'Brien Cay
04 April 2011 | Hawksbill to O'Brien Cay
01 April 2011 | Just off of Nassau
26 March 2011 | Hawk's Nest
25 March 2011 | Cat Island
23 March 2011 | Cat Island
19 March 2011 | Galliott Bay
15 March 2011 | Warderick Wells
14 March 2011 | Havana
13 March 2011 | Havana
09 March 2011

Little Harbor Revisited

18 April 2011 | Abacos
linda and the captain
The morning started early—prior to sun up. Unfortunately, we dragged our anchor a bit across some minor coral and became caught. In the dark, we worked together to free ourselves and not damage the coral head. After about 20 minutes we were free and we set off from Egg Island, near Eleuthera to Little Harbor in the Abacos. The last time Gary and I visited Little Harbor was 20 years ago, during our first year of marriage when we rented a small Albury and screamed across the bays from Elbow Cay. We vowed we would return someday in our own vessel. We were excited to pull into the harbor where they announce new arrivals with a toot on a large conch shell. Much had changed, yet so much remained the same. The artist/sculptor Randolph Johnston and his family selected this spot to settle and realize their dream of island living. From the foundry they established in the 50s, magnificent bronze castings are still produced. Today son Pete and grandson Greg continue the artistic heritage and maintain the gallery and a wonderful beachside pub. We could not afford any of the amazing bronze castings (ranging from $25K to $125K—lovely porpoises and sea turtles—I loved them all), so we opted for 2 Margaritas which we carried to view the same sea that greeted us so many years ago. We are totally different people now then we were 20 years ago. And this adventure has allowed the Captain and me to develop a very clear understanding of what commitment means and what impact promises made and kept (or not kept) can have. We are so grateful for this time together.
Comments
Vessel Name: A' Bientot
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 380
Hailing Port: Portsmouth, NH
Crew: Gary and Linda Pauly, Patty and Tom Waier
About: Too many two week charters. We wanted to spend more than a night or two in really great Caribbean anchorages. Whiskey for the guys and wine for the girls oiled the decision to buy a boat and do it before our bones got too old to pass muster.
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/abientot

Gang of Four

Who: Gary and Linda Pauly, Patty and Tom Waier
Port: Portsmouth, NH