Gone Sailing

S/V Abigail Grace

Gone Sailing / Abigail Grace

Why We Didn’t Leave
If we were ever doubting our decision to stay put until the "blizzard" (yes it is now a blizzard) passed the picture above of the boat stuck in ice on the ICW was confirmation staying was the smart thing to do. We took the girls to the groomers this morning and were walking to have breakfast at the Sunrise resturant. The resturant is across the bridge on the other side of the ICW. As we were walking across the bridge we saw the boat stuck in the ice in front of AYB marina (were we are). Little did we know we would end up spending the rest of the day with the Captain of that boat, Ken. Can anyone guess where Ken is from? Maine. After breakfast we came back to our boat and that is when we met Ken. Later we all walk to the hardware store (again) for tarp to cover our dinghy and Ken wanted to get a cube heater and tarp for his dinghy too. We all got our tarps but there were no heaters left - no cube or other heaters (so glad we got one yesterday) - they were SOLD OUT. We then had lunch, got the girls from the groomer, picked up some water and snacks, (Greg bought water yesterday but someone stole it while he was in the hardware store), and went back to AYB and covered our dinghy before the snow and nightfall.

Comments